Avatar Size and Animation Assistance

• Thread starter Another God
  • Start date
In summary, there is no active topics button, but there are new posts and threads indicated by a black point at the middle of the icon, and you can track certain topics by clicking the link at the end of the topic. You can also see your topic subscriptions from the "User CP" (CP=Control Panel). Unfortunately, Raavin is not available at the moment, but there is an archive available with a donation of $20 or more.
Another God
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Will our avatars be moved over for us, or will we need to do something ourselves to get that moving?

Where's the Active Topics/Recent Topics button?

=)

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't find a active topics button too.
But here is some tips.
-To find the newest topics, press the little "search" button on the upper right corner, and there search by date for a small date (like yesterday).
-When you browse the forums, a thread with a black point at the middle of its icon will indicate that you have already replied to this thread.
-A thread which's icon is yellow indicates there are new posts, a blue icon indicates there are no new posts.
-To be able to track certain topics, you can click the link at the end of the topic saying "Subscripe to this topic", and then you can check your topic subscriptions from the "User CP" (CP=Control Panel). Note that you will have to select a certain date to show the subscriptions from that date.

EDIT: I found the button.
After you log in, and on the main page of the PF (the home page), look at the upper right corner of the screen (not exactly the corner .. but ..).
You will see something saying "Welcome Back X", under it there is a link called "New Posts", simply click this one :smile:

Last edited:
In addition to that you are able to mark specific topics "read" or even forums or even the whole board!

I don't know if this seems silly.
But i didn't find anywhere to mark a certain topic as 'read', i only found a button that marks the whole board as 'read' !

Quite like the new site. Great speed, hopefully that isn't entirely dependent on the amount of data content.

Are you going to make the PF2 available or is it already. I'm sure there's heaps of stuff in there people would hate to lose or would prefer to not have to go over again. Things like the 'physics Napster' list or other personal crusades.

Also other helpful links would be nice, like in PF2 and the shuttle speed and stars thingy was kinda fun.

Raavin

Egads!

Thats about 33.7194 AUD at the moment. Unfortunately I don't have a credit card. Is there any other way to pay and does that include purchases of merchandise?

Raavin [?]

Although I love the new format and everything, one thing really saddens me. Each time we change our signature, it changes on all the posts we've made.
I kind of liked reading through the old posts in PF 2 and seeing all the different signatures that each member went through. Some of them were very worthy of notice.

NO rush Greg, but I'm still waiting to hear from you what we need to do to get our Avatars back on.

Wil u do it, should we pm you a link to our avatars, should we email you the image... or what would u like us to do? (I just want my old TOOL eye thing back. I think it has come to define me as me )

*sob*
Doesn't want to be a pain in the back side... but can't get his avatar to be the right size (64x64) and still be an animation. You managed to do this for me last time Greg...can I ask the same favour again?

The avatar comes from http://www.imminst.org/images/seye.gif

Thanks?

1. What is the purpose of the new format?

The new format is designed to improve the organization and readability of scientific research papers. It also aims to make it easier for readers to quickly understand the key findings and significance of the research.

2. How does the new format differ from the previous format?

The new format includes a more structured and concise abstract, a clear and concise introduction section, and a more detailed methodology section. It also incorporates visual aids, such as charts and graphs, to enhance the presentation of data.

3. Will all scientific journals be adopting the new format?

At this time, the new format is not mandatory for all scientific journals. However, many journals are beginning to adopt it, and it is becoming increasingly popular among researchers and publishers.

4. Will the new format affect the peer-review process?

The new format does not affect the peer-review process itself, but it may make it easier for reviewers to evaluate the research and provide feedback. Additionally, the new format may also improve the overall quality and clarity of research papers, which can ultimately benefit the peer-review process.

5. How can I learn more about the new format?

There are a variety of resources available to learn more about the new format, including online guides and workshops offered by scientific organizations. Additionally, reading research papers that have already been published in the new format can also provide a better understanding of its structure and organization.