Morality: Behaviors that Facilitate Reproductive Success

• Thread starter Niels Bohr
  • Start date
In summary, the book "Evolutionary Origins of Morality" discusses how morality, altruism, ethics, and human behavior evolved from our evolutionary past in small groups. The author argues that we are naturally equipped to cooperate in small groups, but struggle in larger groups due to competition for resources. A review of the book can be found at the link provided, which also includes the author's personal experiences and observations on racism and Jewish influence. However, the author also expresses views on Jewish conspiracies that the reader may find controversial.
Niels Bohr
Hello,

In the book "Evolutionary Origins of Morality," the leading authorities discuss how morality, altruism, ethics, and human behavioral traits evolved from the environment of our evolutionary past when we were small bands of people cooperating in groups no larger than 150 people. We are behaviorally equipped not to get along in large groups that naturally compete for resources, and this book shows how it all came about. See the following link for a review of the book: http://home.comcast.net/~neoeugenics/Shatter1.pdf Scroll down to chapter 5 for the review. The pdf takes a very long time to download using 56k modem, so be patient.

Regards,

Niels Bohr

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I started to read that website, and the guy's experiences resonated with me. As long as we're all working for that big faceless corporatrion that treats us all as interchangeable units, there's no racism, even among people who were brought up in racist homes and traditions. There's a worthhile psychological or sociological paper soewhere in that observation.

But then he segues into "Jewish influence" and "Competition between Jew and Whites" (! Jews are not white?), and I go whoop-de-doo, another wing nut.

I am probably as big a defender of The Bell Curve and as big a smiter of Marxoid tabula rasism as you will find on these boards - which isn't saying much. But Jewish conspiracies belong in the trash can.

Hello Niels Bohr,
Thank you for sharing this interesting perspective on the origins of morality. It is fascinating to consider how our behaviors may have evolved in response to our past environments and the challenges our ancestors faced. It is also interesting to think about how these behaviors may still be present in us today, even as our environments have changed significantly. I will definitely check out the review of the book you shared. Thank you for the resource and for bringing this topic to my attention. Morality is a complex and important aspect of human behavior, and understanding its origins can provide valuable insights into our present-day actions.

What is morality?

Morality is a set of principles or beliefs about what is right and wrong, good and bad, or acceptable and unacceptable behavior. It guides our actions and decisions, and is often influenced by cultural, religious, and societal norms.

Why is morality important?

Morality is important because it helps us maintain social order and cohesiveness, and allows us to live in harmony with others. It also helps us navigate complex moral dilemmas and make ethical decisions that benefit both ourselves and society as a whole.

What role does morality play in reproductive success?

In evolutionary biology, morality is viewed as a set of behaviors that facilitate reproductive success. This means that moral beliefs and actions, such as altruism and cooperation, help individuals survive and reproduce, ultimately leading to the success of their genes being passed on to future generations.

Are there universal moral principles?

There is ongoing debate among philosophers and scientists about whether there are universal moral principles that apply to all humans regardless of culture or context. Some argue that there are certain basic moral principles, such as the Golden Rule, that are universal, while others believe that moral values and beliefs are shaped by cultural and societal influences.

Can morality be explained through science?

While morality is a complex and multi-faceted concept, there is growing evidence from fields such as evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, and anthropology that suggest our moral beliefs and behaviors have biological and evolutionary roots. However, the full understanding of morality may require a multi-disciplinary approach that also considers cultural and societal factors.