Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Firefox Problem

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Windows XP, Firefox 19.0.2. I try to load MHB, and it spends forever trying to "Read cdn.mathjax.org". The main page doesn't come up. Any ideas? Is anyone else seeing this? On the same computer, I can see MHB just fine in Google Chrome.

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Windows XP, Firefox 19.0.2. I try to load MHB, and it spends forever trying to "Read cdn.mathjax.org". The main page doesn't come up. Any ideas? Is anyone else seeing this? On the same computer, I can see MHB just fine in Google Chrome.
I can't reproduce it on Linux 64-bit, Firefox 19.0.2, the page loads normally

edit: I do however force websites to use a font of my choosing but I doubt it's related

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Try opening Mathjax's homepage. There are two blocks in the top right that should render if your browser is working correctly. If it isn't working then maybe you have disabled javascript in your settings, which needs to be enabled for Mathjax.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi Ackback, :)

Strange. I also have Windows XP and Firefox 19.0.2 but I don't see any issue as such. I experimented with disabling Javascript but even then there's no problem except LaTeX not rendering.

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Well, I was able to open the MathJax website in Firefox just fine, and I saw the $\LaTeX$ and MathML blocks in the upper right corner just fine. I notice that Firefox no longer says it's waiting for cdn.mathjax.org. However, it's still not loading the page. It just sits there chewing on it forever. I wonder if it's because I did some geeky optimizations in Firefox...

[Update] I just did a couple more optimizations that not only sped things up, but enabled Firefox to load MHB. So I'll mark this as solved.