A Question about Object Motions [With thanks in advance]

• Thread starter SEEKER
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, the conversation is about the physics of flying objects and how to make an object able to fly in a straight way in the air. The field of physics that studies such matters is called aerodynamics and there are websites, such as NASA's and university websites, that provide information on this topic. The conversation also delves into the concept of aerodynamics and the three coordinates to consider when a rocket is flying, as well as the energy involved in the process.
SEEKER
Hello,,
I have a question that puzzle me for a long time!
This question is:
a- How an object -either metal or any thing- fly or move in air without changing in its direction.
b- what field of physics study such matters?
c- Is there any websites may give me detailed information about my question and its field?

Thank you very much.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am confused.
By Newton's 1st law, any object will either remain stationary or move in a constant velocity (and as vector, this includes velocity) unless there is a resultant force acting on it. Simple?

Practically, you don't answer my question?

You only answer the first part of my question,,
anyhow, I meant how to make an object able to fly in a straight way in air, such as a good rocket?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
actually it's quite simple.
consider a rocket going strait up.
we have three coordinates to consider:
(1)x-axis
F(x)=0
X(x)=Xmax
E(y)=0

(2)y-axis
F(y)=Fmax
X(y)=0
E(y)=0

(3)z-axis
F(z)=0
X(z)=0
E(z)=F(x)X(y)-F(y)X(x)=-Fmax * Xmax

Fmax is the gravity pull and Xmax is (R+h) the radius of the Earth plus the height of the rocket.
why there is minus in front?
cause E(z) is the energy that the rocket gives to the outside.
-E(z)=Fmax*Xmax is the energy the rocket gets from outside.

1. What is the definition of object motion?

Object motion refers to the movement or change in position of an object over time. This can include linear motion (moving in a straight line), circular motion (moving in a circular path), or rotational motion (spinning on an axis).

2. How do objects move?

Objects move due to forces acting upon them. These forces can be internal, such as muscles contracting, or external, such as gravity or friction. Objects will continue to move in the same direction and at the same speed unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

3. What factors affect an object's motion?

The motion of an object can be affected by several factors, including its mass, the force applied to it, and the presence of other objects (such as friction or air resistance). Additionally, the type of motion (linear, circular, rotational) can also be influenced by these factors.

4. How is motion measured?

Motion can be measured using various units, such as distance, time, and speed. The most common unit for measuring motion is meters per second (m/s). Other units include miles per hour (mph) or kilometers per hour (km/h).

5. What is the difference between speed and velocity?

Speed refers to the rate at which an object is moving, while velocity refers to the rate at which an object is changing its position in a specific direction. In other words, velocity takes into account both the speed and direction of an object's motion.