Should NATO Expel France for Betraying Allies?

• News
  • Thread starter Robert Zaleski
  • Start date
In summary, there is tension between China and Taiwan due to an assassination attempt on the president of Taiwan and military exercises conducted by China before the election. Some believe that China and the president may have similar goals in mind. There is also discussion about moving France to different locations, with some suggesting the Middle East or even Pluto. However, there is also appreciation for the bravery of the Belgians in past wars. Some members are joking about the French and their relationship with other countries.
Physics news on Phys.org
*yawn*

Someone recently tried to kill the president of Taiwan now France and China are flexing their muscels on election day hmmm...
I can understand China's aggression because they feel they own Taiwan but what is France trying to do? Surely then must know this will cause frustration and tension in Taiwan right?

Originally posted by kawikdx225
Someone recently tried to kill the president of Taiwan now France and China are flexing their muscels on election day hmmm...
I can understand China's aggression because they feel they own Taiwan but what is France trying to do? Surely then must know this will cause frustration and tension in Taiwan right?
So what's your evidence that China was responsible for the assassination attempt?

I never said China was responsible, please reread the post. But it does make you think.

Trying to kill the president just before an election is a way to send a strong political message.

Conducting military tests just before the election is another way to send a strong political message.

Seems to me that China and whoever tried to kill the president of Taiwan both have the same goals.

I agree with Robert, the French are just a bunch of backstabbers and whiners. Just look at the Kosovo crisis a few years back when we found out that they were selling secrets to the Serbians and Russians. Some allies they are.

France should be moved into the middle east

Then the whole middle east would have to move, france should go to antartica. wait... then all of the penguins would have to move then. How about pluto? nobody minds if we send france there, right?

Originally posted by kawikdx225
I never said China was responsible, please reread the post. But it does make you think.

Trying to kill the president just before an election is a way to send a strong political message.

Conducting military tests just before the election is another way to send a strong political message.

Seems to me that China and whoever tried to kill the president of Taiwan both have the same goals.
Given the size of the 'sympathy' vote, who's to say that Chen wasn't behind the incident (directly or indirectly)? China's interests would be better served with a KMT victory, surely.

The joint military exercises are surely a strong message, and well understood by all parties.

Originally posted by DarkAnt
Then the whole middle east would have to move, france should go to antartica. wait... then all of the penguins would have to move then. How about pluto? nobody minds if we send france there, right?
Well, we could move them to Wallis and Futuna; I mean no one but those on Marshall could complain, right?

France can only be put on Pluto if Pluto is knocked out of orbit and directed into the sun, :wink:

Jimmy, I can't help but wonder where you get your childish opinions from.
The French governement does this and that, hence the French don't belong on this planet? Grow up and try and put a little nuance in your thinking, will you? :rolleyes:

Dimitri Terryn said:
Jimmy, I can't help but wonder where you get your childish opinions from.
The French governement does this and that, hence the French don't belong on this planet? Grow up and try and put a little nuance in your thinking, will you? :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the France and Belgium, surrender monkeys together!

Take a look at jimmy's origin and smilies in his post. He was just cracking a joke, and as he is from England, a little chiding is standard etiquette between the two countries.

Get back on topic, kids.

I apologize, the new forum format makes the old smileys disappear.
And believe me, the Belgians like to poke at the French even more then the British.

And please explain why Belgium is a surrender monkey? (PM it to me perhaps, so we don't antagonize Zero :wink: )

Last edited:
Against overwhelming odds, the Belgians fought valiantly against a German airborne assault for 3 weeks during WWII. The Belgians also fought valiantly during WWI (their Rattlesnake Machinegun used during that war is renowned). Three cheers for the Belgians.

that's ok Dimitri. I suppose my opinion would be biased due to all the past histories with France, and the fact that because Britain doesn't want to join Europe, France is doing all it can to make life difficult. What were we talking about again?

Robert Zaleski said:
Against overwhelming odds, the Belgians fought valiantly against a German airborne assault for 3 weeks during WWII. The Belgians also fought valiantly during WWI (their Rattlesnake Machinegun used during that war is renowned). Three cheers for the Belgians.
CHEERS! (gulp)
CHEERS! (gulp)
CHEERS! (gulp)

Well, *staggers* that shur was a schweet *hic* little toasht there, Mishter Zaleshki. *hic* What shud we toasht to nexsht? :tongue: *hic*
:biggrin:

jimmy p said:

DarkAnt said:

jimmy p said:
France can only be put on Pluto if Pluto is knocked out of orbit and directed into the sun

LOL!

ROFL!

Last edited:
The french should get out of here & take their statue of liberty & democracy with them

schwarzchildradius said:
The french should get out of here & take their statue of liberty & democracy with them

you do know that france wanted that back (the statue of liberty) after they gave it to us. We gave them a little one to keep them from wanting ours.

1. What is the purpose of NATO and its role in international relations?

NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) was created in 1949 as a political and military alliance between member countries, with the main goal of promoting peace and security in the North Atlantic region. Its role is to provide collective defense and cooperation for its members.

2. How did France betray its allies?

France's recent decision to withdraw its ambassador from the United States, as well as its vote against a proposed resolution to increase defense spending for NATO, has been seen as a betrayal by some of its allies. This goes against the principles of solidarity and cooperation that are the foundation of NATO.

3. What are the potential consequences of France's actions?

The consequences of France's actions could include strained relationships with its allies, weakening of the alliance, and a loss of trust in France's commitment to collective defense. It could also lead to a decrease in NATO's effectiveness in addressing security threats and challenges.

4. Is expelling France from NATO a viable solution?

Expelling a member country from NATO is a complex process that requires a unanimous decision from all member countries. It is not a decision that can be taken lightly and would have serious implications for the alliance. It is important for NATO to continue to work towards finding a solution through dialogue and cooperation.

5. How can NATO address the issue of France's betrayal?

NATO can address this issue by engaging in open and honest discussions with France, reaffirming the principles and values of the alliance, and finding ways to strengthen cooperation and solidarity among its members. It is also important for all member countries to continue meeting their commitments and responsibilities within the alliance.