Fine. I'll make my own air conditioner.

In summary, the author is following a plan to build a small air conditioner using copper tubing and a fan. He is considering adding an insulating sleeve and using ice or blowing the fan across ice to reduce condensation.
Consider the swamp cooler designs...Several years ago on a hot Georgia night I had the same idea to invent a $50.00 Airconditioner. The hot air could be transferred using the Swamp cooler type effect. Swamp coolers are the next best thing to getting cool air using water anyway. But, ofcourse the colder the water , the colder the air.

Tis a great Idea...perhaps you will be the one to do it..I am sure Walmart will be very interested in selling $50.00 Airconditioners too..

Engineering news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
If you can put a little portable refrigerator just outside your window (not inside the room), then you could make a closed-system AC unit by running the copper tubing into the freezer portion of the fridge. That would be a lot better system if you can figure out where to put the small fridge. Like if you have a porch just outside your window (and an outlet oustide on the porch)...

That would use ssssssssssoooooooooooo much energy. I don't recommend this at all.