What's the Current Weather Like Across the Globe?

• Thread starter maximus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weather
In summary, the conversation revolves around asking about the weather in different parts of the world. Participants describe their current weather conditions and provide details about their surroundings. The conversation ends with a humorous remark about the unpredictability of weather.
maximus
i noticed the other day that we have a lot of people from the UK and many other places in here, and i was just wondering: how's the weather out there?

Physics news on Phys.org
and, yes! for your information i realize this thread is completely pointless, but hey. i have nothing better to do. so describe me a scene out your window while you're at it.

I'll play along...in North Carolina, from my window, it is a gorgeous day. The sahde tree blocks the sky, so I can't see if there are any clouds, but there sure is a lot of sun. It is warm, bright, and pretty breezy.

Yea that sounds a lot like the weather in Southampton at the moment aswell, although it is the afternoon now so is not as hot but it is during the day.

The weather, brought to you by...PF

Kingston, overcast and cloudy, at this moment in time, but it'll change!

Originally posted by maximus
i noticed the other day that we have a lot of people from the UK and many other places in here, and i was just wondering: how's the weather out there?

Rainy, thick clouds, depressing and melancholy. My kind of weather (though I'd prefer it to be much colder).

Warm (20C) and sunny in Montreal but we see the dark cloud coming from the west. So tomorow is going to be rainning.

It is raining very heavily now and hot (26-29 degrees celsius), had lightning and thunder last night, thought the education bureau would announce closure of schools but it didn't. :wink:

for lack of anything better, i will respond to my own sad thread: i look out the window and see it's very black out, as it is 10:30 here in auburn, CA. i swat a mosqiuto away and notice it is very cool tonight. earlier today it was sunny but still cool and a little windy. i live out in the boondock so i can't really describe a scene that would be of any interest...

Its is the afternoon here in Southampton and the weather hasnt changed still nice and sunny, the view from my window is my dog urinating against the flowers!

Originally posted by maximus
for lack of anything better, i will respond to my own sad thread: i look out the window and see it's very black out, as it is 10:30 here in auburn, CA. i swat a mosqiuto away and notice it is very cool tonight. earlier today it was sunny but still cool and a little windy. i live out in the boondock so i can't really describe a scene that would be of any interest...

let's see, now it is the morning of the next day. (about 12:00) and it's still very cool and refreshing. outside, i see the wild mint plant (which later today i will pick and make into a tea) blowing in the wind. a kitten is trying to get into the house through an open window, but is unable to reach it. it's very green today.

Today; Beautiful, Sunny, Warm, pleasant day!

Wait, it'll change...

1. What factors determine the weather?

The weather is influenced by a variety of factors such as air pressure, temperature, humidity, winds, and precipitation. These factors interact with each other to create different weather patterns.

2. Why does the weather change?

The weather is constantly changing due to the Earth's rotation, the sun's heat, and the movement of air masses. Changes in temperature, air pressure, and humidity also contribute to changes in the weather.

3. How is weather forecasted?

Weather forecasting involves analyzing data from various sources such as satellites, weather balloons, and ground observations. This data is then used to create computer models that predict future weather conditions.

4. Why is it important to know the weather?

Knowing the weather can help us plan our daily activities, prepare for extreme weather events, and make informed decisions about agriculture, transportation, and other industries that are affected by the weather.

5. Can we control the weather?

While humans have developed technologies that can influence the weather in small ways, such as cloud seeding, we do not have the ability to fully control the weather. The weather is a complex system that is influenced by many factors, making it impossible for us to control it completely.