Troubleshooting Download Issues with Getright and WindowsDownloader

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of downloader programs, specifically GetRight, for downloading files. One person suggests checking the file extensions to ensure they are supported by the program. The other person questions the need for such programs with broadband internet, but explains their use for slower internet connections. They also mention using it for personal downloads at home.
Saint
Though i installed Getright, sometimes, when i downloaded files, it was the WindowsDownloader that worked, why ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't really use GetRight but just a sugestion. In my download program's options there's a list of file extensions that can be downloaded. Check if the fille extension is there. I used to have the same problem with *.pdf...

What is the attraction to these downloader programs? Half the servers don't support resume dowloading and with broadband I can download anything within a few minutes anyway. However, I did try GetRight and Gozilla when I had 56k years ago.

here, the dial-up is not really good (also you pay for local phone calls ), so this kind of programs help a little.
I use it mostly at home for stuff that is not work related...

What is Getright and WindowsDownloader?

Getright and WindowsDownloader are two popular download managers that allow users to easily download files from the internet. These programs offer features such as resuming interrupted downloads and accelerating download speeds.

Why am I experiencing download issues with Getright and WindowsDownloader?

There could be several reasons for download issues with these programs. Some common causes include internet connectivity problems, server issues, or conflicts with other software on your computer.

How can I troubleshoot download issues with Getright and WindowsDownloader?

To troubleshoot download issues, you can try the following steps:

• Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly.
  • Check for any updates for Getright and WindowsDownloader and make sure you have the latest version.
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that may be blocking the download.
  • Try downloading the file from a different website or source.
  • Clear the cache and temporary files on your computer and try the download again.

Can I use Getright and WindowsDownloader on any operating system?

Getright and WindowsDownloader are designed to work on Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. They may also work on older versions of Windows, but compatibility cannot be guaranteed.

Is there a cost to use Getright and WindowsDownloader?

Both Getright and WindowsDownloader offer free versions with limited features. However, to access all the features and remove any limitations, you may need to purchase a license for the full version of the software.