Finding Iz and Is for VZ = 7.2V with RL = 10Ω

• Thread starter go2255
  • Start date
In summary, the zener voltage is 7.2V and the zener current must be between 77mA and 1A. The load resistance is 10Ω. To regulate the load voltage to 7.2V, the resistance of RS must be calculated when the input voltage varies by ±10% from its nominal value of 12V. The zener current must also be larger than 77mA at the lowest input voltage. A schematic must be redrawn for Vin = 12V - 10%, with all known parameters labelled.
go2255
I don't know how can i find the Iz and Is.

11.jpg

The zener voltage VZ = 7.2V, with the condition that the zener current 77mA ≤ iZ ≤ 1A
load resistance RL = 10Ω.
What is resistance RS when load voltage VL is regulated to 7.2V while the input voltage Vin varies by ±10% from its nominal value of 12V. Also check that the zener current iZ is larger than 77mA at lowest input voltage Vin .

Physics news on Phys.org
Redraw the circuit for Vin = 12V - 10%, this time marking on every parameter you know. Post that labelled schematic.

Is this HW?
IL = Vz/RL
Is = Iz +IL
Rs = (Vin - Vz)/Is

George H.

Related to Finding Iz and Is for VZ = 7.2V with RL = 10Ω

What is the formula for Ohm's Law?

The formula for Ohm's Law is V = I * R, where V is voltage (in volts), I is current (in amps), and R is resistance (in ohms).

How do I find Iz and Is for a given voltage and resistance?

To find Iz and Is, you can use the formula VZ = Iz * R + Is. Simply plug in the values of VZ (voltage) and R (resistance) and solve for Iz and Is.

What units are used for voltage, current, and resistance?

Voltage is measured in volts (V), current is measured in amps (A), and resistance is measured in ohms (Ω).

What is the significance of RL (load resistance) in this equation?

RL, or load resistance, represents the resistance of the circuit that is connected to the voltage source. It is used in the equation to calculate the values of Iz and Is.

Can Ohm's Law be applied to any circuit?

Yes, Ohm's Law can be applied to any circuit as long as the values of voltage, current, and resistance are known. It is a fundamental principle in the study of electricity and is used to analyze and design circuits of all types.