Organize a PF Chess Tournament - Are You In?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chess
In summary, a group of people are discussing a potential chess tournament and expressing their interest in participating. Some are experienced players, while others are new or not very good. There is a discussion about logistics and registration is reopened to reach the desired number of 30 players. Some individuals express interest in participating in other gaming tournaments as well. One person is unsure if they are officially registered.

Chess Tournament

• Yes

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
I've found a few good free networkable chess programs that we could use for a chess tournament. Are you in?

Physics news on Phys.org
Im In!

Sounds like a lot of fun.

I haven't played for about 2 years , but I'm in.

Im very new but IM IN

I'm not very good but I'll give it a try :smile:

I haven't played in a while (been playing corewar and bridge!), but I'll give it a try!

i love chess I am in

I suck but I'm in. Be gentle..

Are we allowed to have Fritz help?

Just purely out of curiosity, what is to stop someone from multitasking with a chess program? :wink:

Me. If anybodybody does that, I will hunt them down. If you want to know what I'll do to em' next, then just try cheating.

Hmm, I'm interested.

Think on the bright side. As long as I am in it, no one else can be bottom in rank!

So how about logistics? Do I have to get up at 3 am? I guess I am out :)

Whether I play also depends on logistics.

Next!

Sure, I'm in.

- Warren

Excellent idea. Count me in.

Sign up is over. 18 people are on the list. I'll make the brackets up this week and organize an annoucement to let everyone know how it will work.

Wait a minute...it's Monday now...and I want to be in, but I didn't know about this thread. Oh well.

I'm in, but I'm like everyone else, depends on the logistics. Long as I can play at a REASONABLE hour, and away from work, I'm in.

-Ty

Count with me, I'm good in fast matches
Unless the program uses Java, I don't know what happens with my Windows 98 but I can't run Java programs

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
I have reopened registration so we can get an even 30 players for the tourny.

Ok then, just to re-iterate, I'm in!

Thanks. :smile:

It would be a most delcious idea, I'm up for i hope i;m not taking the palce of someone good though.
along with other tourtments for gamers like Halflife or something of that nature.

Last edited:
uuh... this poll is a signup... soo... if we click yes, we're in?

...uhh... aparently i voted on this already... but i don't know what my vote was...

sure is taking a while to get 30 players

Gale,
I think if you just post with a big "im in" written on it, then you'll be counted.
If you're not counted then, you can argue that Greg's eyesight is getting into negative numbers.
just a thought

I'll play

Sorry NateTG. I believe he was referring to the one slot left vacant in the PF Prison. Just one cell left for me.

wait wait... i don't know if I'm in or not... how do i know?

1. What is the purpose of organizing a PF Chess Tournament?

The purpose of organizing a PF Chess Tournament is to provide a platform for chess players to showcase their skills and compete against each other. It also promotes the game of chess and encourages more people to take an interest in it.

2. Who can participate in the tournament?

The tournament is open to all chess players, regardless of their skill level or age. However, there may be certain restrictions or eligibility criteria set by the organizers.

3. How can I register for the tournament?

To register for the tournament, you can visit the official website or contact the organizers directly. They will provide you with the necessary information and registration process.

4. What is the format of the tournament?

The format of the tournament may vary, but it typically follows a round-robin or elimination style. Players will compete against each other in a series of matches, and the winner will advance to the next round.

5. Are there any prizes for the winners?

Yes, there will be prizes for the winners of the tournament. The exact prizes and distribution will be announced by the organizers before the tournament begins.