Finding diameter in a piping system

In summary, the problem involves finding the diameter of two types of pipe in a system using the given equation and flow rate at maximum heat load for each reactor. The user is asking if they should use this flow rate in the equation to calculate the diameters.
theone

Homework Statement

I am trying to find the diameter of two types of pipe in this system

Homework Equations

## \frac{p_1}{y} + \frac{V_1}{2g} + z_1 = \frac{p_2}{γ} + \frac{V_2}{2g} + z_2 + \frac{V_2}{2g} [ \frac{fL}{D} + K ]##

The Attempt at a Solution

The only flow rate I'm given is the one where each reactor would be at maximum heat load. Should I use that in the equation above to get the diameters?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 388
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you please provide an actual problem statement? Put yourself in our place. Did you really think we could figure out what you were talking about?

Chet

Chestermiller said:
Can you please provide an actual problem statement? Put yourself in our place. Did you really think we could figure out what you were talking about?

Chet

edit: actually its ok, I got it now

Attachments

• Assignment 1 F15.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

Related to Finding diameter in a piping system

1. How do I measure the diameter of a piping system?

To measure the diameter of a piping system, you can use a caliper or ruler to directly measure the outside diameter of the pipe. You can also refer to the pipe's specifications or use a pipe sizing chart to determine the diameter.

2. What is the importance of knowing the diameter of a piping system?

Knowing the diameter of a piping system is important for designing and installing the system, as well as for maintenance and repair purposes. It helps to ensure that the correct pipe size is used to meet the flow and pressure requirements of the system.

3. How do I calculate the diameter of a piping system?

The diameter of a piping system can be calculated using the pipe's circumference and the mathematical formula for circumference: C = πd, where C is the circumference and d is the diameter. You can also use the pipe's radius and the formula for radius: r = d/2.

4. What are the common methods for finding the diameter of a piping system?

The most common methods for finding the diameter of a piping system include using a caliper or ruler to directly measure the outside diameter, using a pipe sizing chart, or consulting the pipe's specifications. Other methods include using a string to wrap around the pipe and measuring its length or using a pipe diameter tape measure.

5. Can I use the same diameter for all pipes in a piping system?

No, the diameter of pipes in a piping system may vary depending on the flow and pressure requirements. For example, pipes with a larger diameter are typically used for high flow rates, while smaller pipes are used for low flow rates. It is important to select the appropriate diameter for each pipe to ensure the system functions properly.