Welcome to Dr. Kaku's Forum: Join the Discussion with Fellow Fans!

• Thread starter Sunfist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, a welcome was extended to all returning and new members to Dr. Kaku's forums, as well as an announcement of a partnership with Physics Forums. The administrators of Mkaku.org are pleased with the new association and there is excitement about the potential for collaboration with a larger community. Some members express confusion about the merger, but it is clarified that Mkaku.org is now a sub-forum of Physics Forums. Additionally, there is discussion about a movie featuring Stephen Hawking set to be released in 2004.
Sunfist
Welcome to all of you that are coming back to Dr. Kaku's forums. Also, a hearty welcome to anyone that might be new. We're glad to have you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It is great to be here!

Welcome indeed! The transfer phase is still occurring so you may see a few more significant changes within the next few days, but we though it would be fun to open the forum up.

Hello and Welcome

I am sure that I speak for all, we are pleased with your new association with Physics Forums. I have a GUT feeling it will be good for all.

Sorry I could'nt resist, anyway Welcome Dr. Kaku!

I think you for a job well done! :wink:

I'm very excited about this improvement.

Again I thank you,

Astrophysics

Last edited:
Hmm... looking good..

Indeed, Greg, is there any chance of taking the forum layout of Mkaku as an optional page style for PF?

Also, I'm getting the feeling that mkaku.org forums may have too many subforums - this may dilute the forum down a little too much. Stuff like nuclear arms for example do well to be diverted to Other Sciences/Politics.

Indeed, Greg, is there any chance of taking the forum layout of Mkaku as an optional page style for PF?

PF does not own the skin, so no :), but once the new version of this software comes out I will spend time on making more skins.

Also, I'm getting the feeling that mkaku.org forums may have too many subforums - this may dilute the forum down a little too much. Stuff like nuclear arms for example do well to be diverted to Other Sciences/Politics.

We are trying our best to reduce forum conflictions.

Wow, I knew the administrators at Mkaku.org had something big planned...but this is GREAT!

A partnership with Physics Forums -- this is a great idea. Now we have an even larger community and that means more great minds!

If this surprise turned out this well...I can't wait to see what you all think of next!

Anyways, I'm glad the mkaku.org community is still alive, and I am happy to be apart of this wonderful change.

<-----Autistic Savant, aahhh yes, finally.

I've been gone too long, I guess, because now I'm really lost.
What is the other board we've merged with?

DH

Originally posted by Reddhawk
Wow, I knew the administrators at Mkaku.org had something big planned...but this is GREAT!

A partnership with Physics Forums -- this is a great idea. Now we have an even larger community and that means more great minds!

If this surprise turned out this well...I can't wait to see what you all think of next!

Anyways, I'm glad the mkaku.org community is still alive, and I am happy to be apart of this wonderful change.

Welcome to the PhysicsForums super-community, Reddhawk .

I too really approve of the change, as I had intended (for some time) to join the mkaku forums, but knew I didn't have time to work with two forums, so this merging is a welcome change.

Originally posted by Dave's Haarp
I've been gone too long, I guess, because now I'm really lost.
What is the other board we've merged with?

DH

Who were you with originally? Mkaku Forums are a part of Mkaku.org which is dedicated to the work of Michio Kaku. PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:). Mkaku Forums has not become a subforum of PhysicsForums.

Originally posted by Mentat
PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:).
He's already famous ! :smile:

Originally posted by Mentat
Who were you with originally? Mkaku Forums are a part of Mkaku.org which is dedicated to the work of Michio Kaku. PhysicsForums.com is a Science and Philosophy Forum started by Greg Bernhardt (a name that I'm sure will be famous someday :smile:). Mkaku Forums has not become a subforum of PhysicsForums.

I was here originally.
If I stay off of MKAKU for any length of time, I can always count on everything having been changed (I.E. having to re-register) when I return.

I don't recall you from the old board... are you new?

Yes, I now see that both boards are independent of one another and it's just that they are simply linked to each other. The navigation disorientation has subsided.

I am back!

I hope some of you remember me from the old forums

hi. noob here. looking forward to getting to know everyone :smile:

Welcome to the forums, finhead. Hope you have a good time here.

Originally posted by Dave's Haarp
I don't recall you from the old board... are you new?

You mean you don't remember me from PF1? I was mostly an observer then. I only really started posting (and adopted the "Mentat" username) around the beginning of PF2, and only got really serious about PFs close to the end of PF2.

Yes, I now see that both boards are independent of one another and it's just that they are simply linked to each other. The navigation disorientation has subsided.

That's good. I should clarify, though, that I meant to say that Mkaku.org was now a sub-forum of PFs, but it appears I accidentally typed "not" instead of "now".

Oh well, hopefully you've got it now anyway (in spite of my influence) :wink:.

Hawking's movie in 2004

I went here www.psyclops.com/hawking/news/[/url], where I read that Dr. Hawking will have a movie out next year. This says that the film [PLAIN]www.universepartners.net/about_film.html [Broken] will appear on IMAX screens.
I bet I'm not the only one looking forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Welcome to Dr. Kaku's Forum" about?

"Welcome to Dr. Kaku's Forum" is an online platform for fans of Dr. Michio Kaku to discuss and engage in conversations about his work, ideas, and theories related to science, technology, and the future.

2. How can I join the discussion on Dr. Kaku's Forum?

To join the discussion on Dr. Kaku's Forum, simply create an account and start participating in the ongoing conversations or create your own thread to discuss a specific topic related to Dr. Kaku's work.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in discussions on Dr. Kaku's Forum?

Yes, we have a set of community guidelines that we expect all members to follow in order to maintain a respectful and productive environment for discussions. These guidelines can be found on our website and we encourage all members to read and abide by them.

4. Can I ask Dr. Kaku questions directly on this forum?

No, this forum is a platform for fans to discuss and share their thoughts and ideas related to Dr. Kaku's work. If you have specific questions for Dr. Kaku, we recommend reaching out to him through his official website or social media channels.

5. Are there any special events or discussions with Dr. Kaku on this forum?

Yes, from time to time we will host special events such as Q&A sessions with Dr. Kaku or discussions centered around a particular topic or project he is working on. These events will be announced on the forum and all members are welcome to participate.