Help how does one make a poll?

• Thread starter maximus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Poll
In summary, to make a poll on a new thread, check the "post a poll" box when creating the thread. In addition, a user named maximus compliments the name of a user named mentat in a general discussion forum.
maximus
how does one make a poll?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by maximus
how does one make a poll?

When you start a new thread, there is an option to "post a poll", with a little box beside it. Check the box, and you will be allowed to start a poll.

i've always wanted to say this, mentat, and i suppose general discussion is the place to do it. but you have the coolest name! so perfect i wish i'd thought of it.

Originally posted by maximus
i've always wanted to say this, mentat, and i suppose general discussion is the place to do it. but you have the coolest name! so perfect i wish i'd thought of it.

Thanks maximus.

It's funny enough that yours is one of the names I considered (when I first started at the PFs).

1. How do I create a poll?

To create a poll, you can use online polling tools such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms, or you can create your own using HTML and JavaScript.

2. What type of questions should I include in a poll?

It's important to include a mix of open-ended and multiple choice questions in your poll to gather both qualitative and quantitative data.

3. How do I ensure the accuracy of my poll results?

To ensure accurate results, make sure your poll questions are clear and unbiased, and try to get a diverse and representative sample of participants.

4. Can I share my poll on social media?

Yes, most online polling tools allow you to easily share your poll on social media platforms, or you can share the link to your poll directly.

5. How do I analyze the results of my poll?

Most online polling tools will provide you with a summary of the results, including charts and graphs. If you created your own poll, you can use data analysis software or tools to analyze the results.