Find the next number in the series

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Series
In summary, the series follows a pattern of increasing and decreasing numbers, with the next number being one less than the previous one. The next number in the series is 6.
Find the next number in the series:

2, 5, 5, 4, 5, 6, 3, 7, _

Physics news on Phys.org
The next is 6
The series is the number of segments that takes to draw the numbers starting from 1 in a calculator

dammit first time i get the opurtunity to answer and i don't know it!

Certainly not, he,he. Google is my friend

surely that's cheating!

Here i was with my simple brain being all mathsy only to be told that its something really stupid.

What did you search for?? I searched using the series and got no relevant results. I need to buy a new book! They seem to be all online! Oh well, point for meteor.

I demand a recount!

So what's the series then?[?]

meteor got it correct for one point

What is the purpose of "Find the next number in the series"?

The purpose of "Find the next number in the series" is to test one's ability to recognize patterns and sequences in numbers and predict the next number in the given series.

What are some common types of number series?

Some common types of number series include arithmetic series (where each number is obtained by adding a fixed number to the previous number), geometric series (where each number is obtained by multiplying the previous number by a fixed number), and Fibonacci series (where each number is obtained by adding the two previous numbers together).

How can I find the next number in a series?

To find the next number in a series, you need to carefully observe the pattern or sequence in the given numbers and use that information to predict the next number. This can involve basic arithmetic operations, recognizing number patterns, or using mathematical formulas.

What strategies can I use to solve number series problems?

Some strategies that can be helpful in solving number series problems include looking for common patterns or relationships between numbers, trying different mathematical operations, and breaking the series into smaller parts to analyze them separately.

Are there any tips for improving my skills in solving number series?

Some tips for improving your skills in solving number series include practicing regularly, familiarizing yourself with different types of number series, and approaching each problem systematically by breaking it down into smaller steps.