What is the slope of a 0 degree angle and how can you find it?

• Thread starter to_kool2003
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Slope
In summary, the slope of a 0 degree angle is 0, as it represents a horizontal line where the rise is 0. This can be calculated using the formula tan(θ), where θ is the angle made with the x-axis.
to_kool2003
how to find the slope?

ok, I'm really confused with this Question: "Whats the slope of a 0 degree angle, and if so how did u do it or how can u prove it. I need a reply because it is urgent. thanks for replying:smile:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Uh, what's the slope of any angle?

A line has a slope. An angle doesn't. You'll have to get the question straight before you have any hope of answering it.

That sounds like nonsense to me. The slope of an angle?

i meant when u graph the angle in a coordianate plane the angle has a rise and run so there should be a slope

If You plot the graph with certain coordinates then

slope [tex]\tan\Theta=\frac{\Delta(y)}{\Delta(x)}[/tex]

Last edited:
Ah a line which makes an angle A with a horizontal line has slope tanA.

what do u mean tanA, I am asking for ppl to show me how to get the slope of a 0 degree angle, and u could graph an angle in a coordianate plane so there must be a run and rise, u could get the slope..... I do think there's a solution

What is A for Zero degree, it is zero so u know calculate this prob.

huh?
[?]

If you're talking about a line that makes an angle
[tex] \theta = 0 ~degrees [/tex] with the x-axis, the
[tex]slope = \frac{\Delta y}{\Delta x} = tan~\theta = 0 [/tex]

To put it in your terms, the rise is 0, so the slope is 0.

But remember, that is the slope of the line, not the angle.

ok... That answer part of my question but I still think something is missing[?]

out of curiosity, where did you find this question?

ok... That answer part of my question but I still think something is missing

i wonder what after the reply of gnome is missing

Did you ever actually draw such a line??

A line with 0 angle is horizontal. All points that it passes through will have the same y component. What do you think the "rise" is??

ok I go the answer and gnome was right, thx:wink:

Since you have the answer now:

In general the slope of any straight line making angle θ with the x-axis is tan(θ). Of course, tan(0)= 0.

What is slope and how is it calculated?

Slope is a measure of the steepness of a line. It is calculated by dividing the change in the y-values (vertical change) by the change in the x-values (horizontal change) between two points on a line.

What is the slope formula?

The slope formula is: m = (y2 - y1) / (x2 - x1), where m is the slope and (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) are two points on the line.

How do I find the slope of a line from a graph?

To find the slope of a line from a graph, you can choose any two points on the line and use the slope formula to calculate the slope. Alternatively, you can count the rise and run between the two points and divide the rise by the run to find the slope.

What is the difference between positive and negative slope?

A positive slope means that the line is increasing from left to right, while a negative slope means that the line is decreasing from left to right. A positive slope goes up and to the right, while a negative slope goes down and to the right.

How is slope used in real life?

Slope is used in many real-life applications, such as engineering, urban planning, and economics. It can also be used to calculate speed, determine the best route for a road, and analyze trends in data. In everyday life, we use slope to determine the steepness of a hill or a staircase, or to calculate the gradient of a ski slope.