Alternative Science: Evolution & Natural Selection Debunked?

• Thread starter iansmith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, there is a website called Alternative Science that contains a section disputing the validity of evolution and natural selection. However, after browsing the site, it is clear that the claims made by the "scientific" journalist are not supported by evidence. The website also contains other entertaining content, but it is not a reliable source of scientific information.
iansmith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't known if it belongs in the science forum but by browsing the internet I found a website called Alternative Science. http://www.alternativescience.com/natural-selection.htm
A "scientific" journalist is making claims that evolution and natural selection is false.

I just found is that is proof did not support most of its claim.

Biology news on Phys.org
Greetings !

I think it's enough to read the first few lines
to see who and why wrote this. In a word, it's
a bunch of crap.

The "fittest" is the result of basic physical
entities interacting according to the laws
of physics (which can in turn be discribed
by mathematics). There is no problem of
definitions here. I saw no point to read
beyond this part, so please do tell me if
perhaps there is indeed something worthy
of serious attention beyond this point.

Peace and long life.

Originally posted by drag
I saw no point to read
beyond this part, so please do tell me if
perhaps there is indeed something worthy
of serious attention beyond this point.

I am just trying to start a discussion (more or less trying trying to rest my post count :wink:) on false interpretation and misuse of evolution and science. You should read the section "How dare you", the guys is trying to justify that he is knowledgeable and its quite entertainning. The rest of the website is worth browsing for entertainment purpose.

1. What is alternative science?

Alternative science is a term used to describe theories or ideas that are not widely accepted by the scientific community. These theories often go against established scientific principles and lack evidence to support their claims.

2. How does alternative science challenge evolution and natural selection?

Alternative science often challenges evolution and natural selection by proposing alternative explanations for the diversity of life on Earth. Some of these ideas include intelligent design, creationism, and Lamarckism, which go against the widely accepted theory of evolution by natural selection.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support alternative science theories?

Alternative science theories often lack scientific evidence to support their claims. The scientific community relies on the scientific method, which involves making observations, conducting experiments, and collecting data to support or refute a hypothesis. Without this evidence, alternative science theories cannot be considered scientifically valid.

4. What are the dangers of promoting alternative science theories?

Promoting alternative science theories can be dangerous because they often go against established scientific principles and can spread misinformation. This can lead to a lack of understanding and acceptance of scientific concepts and can hinder progress and advancements in the field of science.

5. How can we determine the validity of alternative science theories?

The validity of alternative science theories can be determined by examining the evidence and data that support the claims. In order for a theory to be considered scientifically valid, it must be supported by empirical evidence that has been peer-reviewed and replicated by other scientists. Additionally, the theory must be able to make accurate predictions and be consistent with established scientific principles.