The Dangers of Living in a Box: Breaking Free from Conventional Thinking

• Thread starter TENYEARS
  • Start date
In summary, the box is dark and you cannot see, even a bowl gets some light. You are floundering everywhere you turn blinder than blind, that is what I see on this forum.
TENYEARS
From some posts I read we went from a bowless bowl to box. The box is dark and you cannot see, even a bowl gets some light. You are floundering everywhere you turn blinder than blind, that is what I see on this forum. I know it's full of young and kiddies, but that is bad. Very, very bad. You see they read the crap you put out there and their minds get conditioned, because so few live outside of the box. If there is to be hope, then the world must change. Do not be afraid, come out of the box, it only requires you to open you eyelids. The understanding will happen.

Physics news on Phys.org
Greetings, TENYEARS!
Yes, the box is dark, too dark to see in even with my eye open. I cannot seem to locate an exit, but I continue to grope at anything within arms length.

what box are you talking about? If it is a reference to the dictum "think outside the box" and your are willing to here a "way-too-picky" criticism of it, just say so.

But seriously, TENYEARS, you make a very good point.

The trouble is the box is inside another box, which is inside another box, which is ...

Let me be certain of something here: Are you saying that if something is taught it must be wrong, and furthermore, dangerous?

Good thing my computer can see outside the box though. Otherwise i would feel stuck.

But truthfully your only stuck if you say so. Your only in a box when you realize and admit that there could be more for you but you do not seek it. I've felt i opened the lids of my box and slowly climbing out. Reason i say that is i see my goal and i am achieving it but i know i can do it faster if i wanted to.

humans have been conditioned over millennia to live within limits

the geometry of law, authority, architecture, religion, tradition and social structure

why do we do this? because those before us did, and we learned from them

can we break free of these limits - and step out of the box?

sure we can

do we want to?

those who do are often labled excentric, mad or evil

You can only increase the size of the box from inside of the box. From the inside, you can stand on the shoulders of giants. You needn't stand outside of the box; you need only be open to ideas that do not fit inside of the box as it is constructed today.

Why is your box better than my box?

Spoiled brat! (joke joke joke) hehe. No ones box is better then the others. All boxes are the same, some just see more inside the box.

Life is how you take the crap that has been thrown at you. You can take it as hostility and get angery. You can get offended and hurt or you can thank the person who threw it at you and use it as fertilizer.

Like one can be in a forest for a whole hour and get nothing out of it. Feel lost and want to leave. Another can be in the same forest for the same time and enjoy every moment and notice every sound and every form of life. Feel at peace and want to stay.

My box is round, it rotates. I slam into the walls continually. Sometimes it opens as if there were no box at all, there is only a seeing and no box can be found. This is reality, this is what we are, if we are to continue on this planet, then we must press to extend our vision of the repurcussion of our actions. Part of my pain is seeing what sometimes will be and being able to do nothing about it especially while returning to the box state with a non relative vision of what will be. Do any of you understand what I am saying? Will you pass it off? Who will understand something? Who will understand anything? None of you are any different from me and I you. I only post for the continuance of a habitat which will be able to support the future of humanity and all the species which exist. Then again, I talk out of both sides of my hat when it is convient don't I. My post to the affirmative action thread. Well this is the most important of all the relatives is it not. If there is noplace left to live, where will we be able to propagate our foolishness.

There are no boxes that are not self made. Disconnect now. :surprise:

I thought that this was going to be about dwellings.

Round boxes peaked my interest.

I remember hearing from a homeless guy that one box only helped if it were windy or raining. When it's cold, you got to get two boxes.

Njorl

argue for your limitations and they are yours!

we can only feel that we are trapped inside a box if we believe that a box exists. i do not be;ive we are in a box. being physiical and living within society we have limits. they are not a box unless you allow it to be.

perhaps we are here to continually stretch, expand the idea of a box until it is a universe unto itself.

believe you can expand this limit and you will. surrender to the box only makes it stronger and smaller.

love&peace,
olde drunk

Old Drunk, nice post, but now I am in the box, if I were not why would I be trying to motivate any to do anything?

i see your use of the word 'box' as a metaphor for feeling limited. i suggest that all limitations are self imposed. let's not get lost in the rules of engagement with being human and physical.

within those guidelines (and sometimes beyond) we can do amazing things. the mind is limitless! our spirit is limitless! all this within an eternal, infinite universe. wow.

where's the box??

love&peace,
olde drunk

The box I refer to is my skin, for in the past I have gone beyond it, in physical and in mental sense. As a projection of sight, a projection of reality and as a projection of conciousness. These things are possible, and it is these things alone which will save what is to be left or will it be these things that shall witness what is to be left. This I have not seen.

The box I am in is what moves my fingers across the board in order to form interaction with the world. If I were not in a box at any extent at all, this would be impossible. It is possbile to act in a non relative relativity this is the closest a human can come to out of the box. This is where real things happen, where what some call impossible may happen, it is not impossible. It is real, it holds to laws not understood, because they have not been questioned. It will become truth to all those who pose the question.

You are the Kwisatz Haderach!

There exists the id box within, the superego box without, and the ego Box between. :zzz:

I really don't know...
In fact I'm sure of it now that I'll never know of the things I'll never know of!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why do people live in boxes?

People do not literally live in boxes. This phrase is often used as a metaphor to describe someone who lives a confined or restricted lifestyle.

2. Are there any advantages to living in boxes?

There are no physical advantages to living in boxes, as it is not a sustainable or practical living arrangement. However, some people may find comfort in the routine and structure of a confined lifestyle.

3. What are the psychological effects of living in boxes?

Living in a confined or restricted environment can have negative psychological effects, such as feelings of isolation, anxiety, and depression. It can also limit one's ability to explore and experience new things.

4. Can living in boxes be a form of punishment?

Yes, living in a confined or restricted environment can be used as a form of punishment. This is often seen in prisons or detention centers where inmates are kept in small cells.

5. Is it possible to break out of the "box" and live a more fulfilling life?

Yes, it is possible to break out of a confined lifestyle and live a more fulfilling life. This may involve making changes to one's environment, mindset, and habits, as well as seeking support from others. It is important to recognize the negative effects of living in a box and actively work towards breaking free from it.