Humanity learns to curb it's fear of the unknown

• Thread starter theEVIL1
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the current state of humanity and its need to overcome fear and focus on respecting all forms of life. The conversation also touches on the importance of interactions and discussions for the advancement of humanity towards the next phase of human evolution.
theEVIL1
In my humble opinion, until humanity learns to curb it's fear of the unknown, and ceases placing it's energies in mytho-religious ideaologies, we will continue to be a warring, violent chiold race that is a blight on the planet.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just a blind guess here, but weren't you a member of PF under a different username just a efw months ago?

A perfect example of why we are at the place that we are right now.
Though I will say that this sort of interaction is absolutely essential for the advancement of humanity to the next phase of human evolution!

Greetings !
Originally posted by theEVIL1
In my humble opinion, until humanity learns to curb it's fear of the unknown, and ceases placing it's energies in mytho-religious ideaologies, we will continue to be a warring, violent chiold race
I agree with that.
But, as for the "blight on the planet" I think it will take a lot more
than that. Humanity will have to learn respect, respect towards itself
and primarily towards all life in all of its forms. As long as one human
out of 6+ billion is considered to be more valuable than one out of 2,000
tigers on the planet, we'll get nowhere.
Originally posted by Eddie French
Though I will say that this sort of interaction is absolutely essential for the advancement of humanity to the next phase of human evolution!
Somehow I doubt that the "next phase" of our evolution
will have a lot to do with us, or will be totally carbon based
for that matter.

Live long and prosper.

1. What is the fear of the unknown?

Fear of the unknown is a natural human emotion that causes anxiety and discomfort when faced with unfamiliar or unpredictable situations, people, or things.

2. Why is it important for humanity to learn to curb its fear of the unknown?

Learning to manage and overcome fear of the unknown can lead to personal growth, increased confidence, and the ability to adapt to new and challenging situations.

3. How can we start to overcome our fear of the unknown?

One way to start overcoming fear of the unknown is by acknowledging and understanding the root of our fears. This can help us to rationalize and approach the unknown with a more open and positive mindset.

4. How does fear of the unknown impact society?

Fear of the unknown can lead to prejudice, discrimination, and conflict within society. It can also hinder progress and limit opportunities for growth and innovation.

5. Can fear of the unknown ever be completely eliminated?

While it may not be possible to completely eliminate fear of the unknown, it is possible to learn to manage and control it. Through self-awareness, education, and exposure to new experiences, we can develop the skills and mindset to effectively curb our fear of the unknown.