Has Anyone Else Seen This Interesting Theory?

In summary, the conversation discusses a theory that was posted online regarding a geometric representation of SR and its explanation of Dirac matrices. There are some concerns raised about the theory's assumptions and its prediction of velocity changing with distance. One person notes that multiple people who praised the theory were actually the same person.
etaylor
I recently ran across an interesting theory online. The author developed a geometric representation of SR that also explains the Dirac matrices as well as many other things. Has anyone else seen this?

http://members.triton.net/daveb

Physics news on Phys.org
Not too many new items in there, and a lot of unfounded assumptions that have to be made such as the 1/137 bit. Also, bad physics for predicting velocity itself changes as a result of mere distance they way he attributes it to.

Brad writes: "velocity itself changes as a result of mere distance they way he attributes it to."

How do you figure? It seems clear to me and everyone else I've talked to that his velocity is constant over time and distance.

Please explain.

Please read the entire sentence etaylor:

Also, bad physics for predicting velocity itself changes as a result of mere distance they way he attributes it to.

You will see I was saying that is wrong, not saying that is the case, and it says that it does in his FAQ section.

Heh. I remember this. This was first posted by Dr. Strangelove in PF v2.0. I remember like 5 or 6 people signed up to sing the theory's praises: students, professors, scientists.

However, upon checking the IP addresses, it was found that they were all the same person: Dr. Strangelove.

I printed this document out back then, but never went through it. I think it's time to put this to bed once and for all. See you in a couple of days with my review of this.

1. What is the main concept of Interesting Theory?

Interesting Theory proposes that there are multiple parallel universes and that every possible outcome of any event exists in one of these universes. This means that every decision we make creates a new universe where the opposite decision was made.

2. How does Interesting Theory explain the concept of time?

According to Interesting Theory, time is not a linear progression as we commonly perceive it. Instead, it is a series of branching paths, with each decision or event creating a new branch or parallel universe.

3. Is there any evidence to support Interesting Theory?

While there is no concrete evidence for parallel universes, there are some concepts in quantum mechanics that suggest the possibility of multiple universes. Additionally, some scientific experiments, such as the double-slit experiment, have produced results that are difficult to explain without the existence of parallel universes.

4. How does Interesting Theory differ from other theories about parallel universes?

Interesting Theory differs from other theories in that it suggests that every possible outcome of an event exists in a parallel universe, rather than just a few predetermined outcomes. It also proposes that these parallel universes are constantly branching and evolving based on the decisions we make.

5. Can Interesting Theory be tested or proven?

As of now, there is no way to definitively test or prove the existence of parallel universes or the concept of Interesting Theory. However, continued research and advancements in technology and physics may one day provide evidence or insights into these theories.