Can You Help Support PF Research with a Donation?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: well, everybody.If we don't get it and we try to contact you that means your out of the country right?Updated donation page, we are only $10 away from our goal! :smile:(Me attempting to rally the "troops", ie. PF users)Keep donating!https://www.physicsforums.com/misc/donate.html
[Removed Broken Link]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The first batch of archive cds will be sent out tomorrow (tuesday).

If you don't receive the cd within two weeks and you donated towards PF 3, please contact me.

:frown:
I really wanted a copy of the PF2 archive. I'll keep it and show my grand kiddies one day! (U know they'd be enthralled!)

Perhaps if I donated enough to also cover postage (which then would make that extra donation, not really a donation...but u know what i mean...)

Would that do?

Amaybe Pauly and I could throw in some money together, and we'll get one CD between us...

Wow GREAT !
So you have raised about 77% of what you need till next year.
So now PF is really far from trouble ... great !

(BTW, the little image on the left in the donation page is not showing, and Monique is written twice on the right).

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Don't forget, with a $20 you'll receive a PF 2 archive cd. (US only, sorry) [/B]
I was counting on getting this CD. If I donate an extra 10/15 dollars, would it cover the extra expense of postage to the UK?

A few people outside the US have requested a CD. I will try to get an a shipping cost to the UK and Australia today.

I have the shipping cost for both the UK and AUS.

UK Airmail Letter Post, 2oz = $1.60 + $20 = $21.60min or 13.8074 GBP

AUS Airmail Letter Post, 2oz = $1.70 + $20 = $21.70min or 36.5537 AUD

Thanks Greg. Save me a copy, because I'll definitely be donating when I sort my finances out.

Me too...

Greg, should the cheque or money order be payable to you or to Physics Forums?

If we don't get it and we try to contact you that means your out of the country right?

(Me attempting to rally the "troops", ie. PF users)

Come on people, a little bit each and PF stays around for another year!

As Adam Sandler would say, "YOU CAN DO IT!"

Greetings !

Greg, not that I really mind about the list
but I noticed that I disappeared from it and
the numbers somehow don't add up...:wink:
(Don't get me wrong though - I'm cool with it
either way... )

Live long and prosper.

I'm sorry, but I must have missed something. You see, I would like to get a CD, but I don't know what address to mail a check to.

It's all right here

https://www.physicsforums.com/misc/donate.html [Broken]

:smile:

Last edited:
It's all right here

:smile:

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As many of you I'm sure have noticed we have passed our yearly goal! :smile:

However, this is not the time to slow down donations. We have more years to pay off :frown:

Thanks all!

The donation page has been updated. Keep donating!

Note: Address has changed

Last edited:
in the meantime

is it possible to view pf2 online as well as it being possible to order the cd rom. I'd like to do both.

Donation page has been updated

Don't forget, with a $20 donation you'll receive a PF 2 archive cd! Contains thousands of interesting past topics!

Last edited:
Cool! We've got all of this year, and we're well on our way to getting next year payed off before it starts (that would be nice).

I'm not sure how many of the members I speek for when I say this, but I certainly wouldn't mind if Greg even ended up turning a little profit from this. After all, he came up with the concept, and did all the hard work to get it running (and still continues to work at making improvements). His creativity and effort have greatly improved my life, and if he ends up with some coffee money in his pocket as a result, I'd be perfectly cool with that.

What say the rest of you?

WOW, i never realized just how much this costs to keep running, thanks a lot for doing this, you are as they say the man.

Originally posted by Andy
WOW, i never realized just how much this costs to keep running, thanks a lot for doing this, you are as they say the man.

Not a problem! Keep participating and supporting PF and it will only improve.

Keep participating and supporting PF and it will only improve.

Come on people, a little bit each and PF stays around for another year!

If every one of our 1700 members donated just $5, we'd be set for over 6 years! Think about how much PF means to you and how much it's worth to you and show your support!

i couldn't get paypal to work i must have put my data in
twenty times, anyway i sent mine by pigeon post, will you
confirm recipt?
physics forum is the best thing since fire was discovered:smile:

What does it cost to start up a forum like this?

wolram I received your donation, thanks!

einsteinian77, depends on the demands of your forum.

what if the demands are very similar to this site?

<h2>1. What is PF research and why is it important?</h2><p>PF research refers to the study and investigation of pulmonary fibrosis, a lung disease that causes scarring and damage to the lungs. It is important because PF is a serious and often fatal condition with no known cure, and research is necessary to develop effective treatments and improve the quality of life for those living with PF.</p><h2>2. How does a donation help support PF research?</h2><p>Donations play a crucial role in supporting PF research by providing funding for studies, clinical trials, and the development of new treatments. Donations also help raise awareness about PF and advocate for increased research funding.</p><h2>3. Where does the donated money go?</h2><p>The donated money goes towards various aspects of PF research, such as funding for research studies, clinical trials, and the development of new treatments. It may also go towards raising awareness and advocating for increased research funding.</p><h2>4. Can I specify where my donation goes towards?</h2><p>Yes, many organizations that support PF research allow donors to specify where they want their donation to go towards. This could be towards a specific research study, clinical trial, or towards a general fund for PF research.</p><h2>5. Is my donation tax-deductible?</h2><p>In most cases, yes, donations towards PF research are tax-deductible. However, it is always best to check with the specific organization you are donating to for their tax-deductible status and any applicable tax laws in your country or state.</p>

1. What is PF research and why is it important?

PF research refers to the study and investigation of pulmonary fibrosis, a lung disease that causes scarring and damage to the lungs. It is important because PF is a serious and often fatal condition with no known cure, and research is necessary to develop effective treatments and improve the quality of life for those living with PF.

2. How does a donation help support PF research?

Donations play a crucial role in supporting PF research by providing funding for studies, clinical trials, and the development of new treatments. Donations also help raise awareness about PF and advocate for increased research funding.

3. Where does the donated money go?

The donated money goes towards various aspects of PF research, such as funding for research studies, clinical trials, and the development of new treatments. It may also go towards raising awareness and advocating for increased research funding.

4. Can I specify where my donation goes towards?

Yes, many organizations that support PF research allow donors to specify where they want their donation to go towards. This could be towards a specific research study, clinical trial, or towards a general fund for PF research.

5. Is my donation tax-deductible?

In most cases, yes, donations towards PF research are tax-deductible. However, it is always best to check with the specific organization you are donating to for their tax-deductible status and any applicable tax laws in your country or state.