Find the dielectric flux density and the abilty to polarize

In summary, dielectric flux density, also known as electric displacement, is a measure of the electric flux per unit area of a material. It is calculated by dividing the electric flux by the area perpendicular to the direction of the electric field. The ability to polarize, also known as polarizability, refers to the ability of an atom or molecule to be distorted by an external electric field. It is measured by the polarizability of a material, typically represented by the Greek letter α. Factors such as the type of material, its molecular structure, temperature, and the strength of the applied electric field affect both dielectric flux density and the ability to polarize. Materials with higher permittivity and polarizability will have higher dielectric
DODGEVIPER13

Homework Statement

In a slab of Teflon (epsilon=2.1), the electric field is E= 6Ux+12Uy-20Uz V/m. Find D and P (BTW epsilon stands for the relative dielectric constant)

Homework Equations

Upload

The Attempt at a Solution

Upload

Attachments

• EPSON031.jpg
    EPSON031.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 507
Physics news on Phys.org
I think I could be correct here I think I really just need my answers checked

Dang is the question confusing or is it simply my answer is hard to read? I don't know how to use LaTex or I would use that sorry?

Is my answer ok?

I can repost if need be just let me know.

Related to Find the dielectric flux density and the abilty to polarize

1. What is dielectric flux density?

Dielectric flux density, also known as electric displacement, is a measure of the electric flux per unit area of a material. It is a vector quantity that describes the ability of a material to store electrical energy when an electric field is applied to it.

2. How is dielectric flux density calculated?

Dielectric flux density is calculated by dividing the electric flux by the area perpendicular to the direction of the electric field. Mathematically, it is represented as D = εE, where D is the electric displacement, ε is the permittivity of the material, and E is the electric field strength.

3. What is the ability to polarize?

The ability to polarize, also known as polarizability, refers to the ability of an atom or molecule to be distorted by an external electric field, creating a separation of positive and negative charges. This results in the material becoming polarized and able to store electric energy.

4. How is the ability to polarize measured?

The ability to polarize is measured by the polarizability of a material, which is a measure of the ease with which the material can be polarized. It is typically represented by the Greek letter α and is measured in units of volume per unit electric field (m^3/V).

5. What factors affect dielectric flux density and the ability to polarize?

Dielectric flux density and the ability to polarize are affected by factors such as the type of material, its molecular structure, temperature, and the strength of the applied electric field. Materials with higher permittivity and polarizability will have higher dielectric flux density and ability to polarize.