"Find the Current in a 25mH Inductor Circuit

• Thread starter hotstuff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Revision
In summary, the question is asking about the current at t=7 when a 25mH inductor is connected in series with a 20ohm resistor and a 15v power supply with a switch. The answer is 750, but it is unclear how it was derived.
hotstuff
hi okay i have a question, it is an old test question so it would be nice is someone ans b4 8am cos that is when the test it but if not that is fine just incase someone is surfing this website at this time.. ha.n e ways the question is a 25mH inductor is connected in series with a 20ohm resisto thru a 15v power supply and a swiitch. if the switch is closed at t= 0 what is the current at t = 7 the ans is 750 but do not know how was derived. thks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Show me your efforts

hotstuff said:
hi okay i have a question, it is an old test question so it would be nice is someone ans b4 8am cos that is when the test it but if not that is fine just incase someone is surfing this website at this time.. ha.n e ways the question is a 25mH inductor is connected in series with a 20ohm resisto thru a 15v power supply and a swiitch. if the switch is closed at t= 0 what is the current at t = 7 the ans is 750 but do not know how was derived. thks.
What is the current when t=0?
What is the current when t=infinity?
if i(0)<i(7)<i(infinity)
Where in this range do you expect i(7) to be?
What is i'(7)?
How does i(t) evolve over time?

Related to "Find the Current in a 25mH Inductor Circuit

What is an inductor?

An inductor is a passive electronic component that is designed to store energy in the form of a magnetic field. It is typically made of a coil of wire and is used in circuits to control the flow of current.

How does an inductor work?

When current flows through an inductor, it creates a magnetic field around the coil. This magnetic field stores energy, which is released when the current stops flowing. This property allows inductors to resist changes in current flow and can be used to smooth out fluctuations in a circuit.

What is the unit of measurement for inductance?

Inductance is measured in units called henries (H). A henry is equivalent to one volt-second per ampere.

What is the current in a 25mH inductor circuit?

The current in a 25mH inductor circuit can vary depending on the circuit components and the voltage applied. However, the current through an inductor is typically proportional to the rate of change of the applied voltage.

How can the current in a 25mH inductor circuit be calculated?

To calculate the current in a 25mH inductor circuit, you will need to know the voltage applied, the inductance of the inductor, and the resistance of any other circuit components. You can then use Ohm's law and the formula for calculating inductive reactance to determine the current.