Solve for X and Find P(-2) | Helpful Homework Solutions

• Thread starter Sope0nARope
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking help with three problems on their homework, including solving for x using the quadratic formula and finding a specific value in a polynomial equation. They have attempted the problems but are not confident in their answers and are open to receiving guidance.
Sope0nARope
i'm havin trouble with a few problems on my homework so help would be much appriciated

solve for x:

1) 3x^2 - 2x +1=0

2) x^2 -4x + 20 = 0

3) (-2/x+1) + (3/1-x) = 7/x^2-1

and
find p(-2) if P(x) = 2x^4 - x^3 + 4x^2 + -8x + 3

again thanks for any help :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Look up the quadratic formula for the first three.

For the last one, substitute -2 in everywhere you see x, multiply and add them together.

If you post an attempt, we can help you a bit more.

i didnt think of using the quadratic formula i tried it but it still doesn't seem right i got
x=2/3 + or - i root60/6 for the 1st 1

and x = 6,-2 for the 2nd i must be doing something wrong

I've got complex answers for both of the first two as well, but they don't match your results. Probably missed a '-' sign somewhere.

For the third one, it looks like your parenthesis are a bit ambiguous.

(-2/x+1)

Is this (-2/x) +1 or -2/(x+1)?

Can you post your work, and we'll find the errors?

1. What kind of problems can you help with?

I can help with a variety of problems in the scientific field, such as experimental design, data analysis, and research methodology. I am also knowledgeable in specific fields, so I can offer more specialized assistance.

2. How do you approach problem-solving?

I use a systematic and logical approach to problem-solving, starting with identifying the problem and gathering relevant information. Then, I analyze the information and come up with potential solutions. Finally, I evaluate and implement the most effective solution.

3. Can you provide examples of problems you have solved in the past?

Yes, I have successfully helped with various problems in the past, such as developing a research protocol, troubleshooting experimental procedures, and interpreting statistical data. I am always happy to share my experience and expertise.

4. Do you have any specific qualifications or expertise?

I have a degree in a scientific field and years of experience in conducting research and solving problems in various scientific disciplines. I also continuously stay updated on the latest developments and techniques in my field.

5. How can I get in touch with you for help with a problem?

You can reach me through my contact information, which can be found on my professional website or through my research institution's directory. You can also email me directly with your inquiry and I will respond as soon as possible.