Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Physics Find the area of the metal plate

Mango12

Jan 17, 2016
I know C=Epsilon0(A)/delta x

From the problem, C=3,000
Epsilon0 = 8.85 × 10^-12
and delta x is .5mm

The answer is supposed to be given in meters and should be close to 40,000 but I got 1.6*10^11m....help please!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Can you state the entire problem as given?

Mango12

Jan 17, 2016
Can you state the entire problem as given?
Now let's find the area of the metal plates. We already know from a previous problem that there is a 3,000 coulomb charge on the plates. The plates are placed .5mm apart. (approximate answer is 250 miles, but give your answer in meters)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Now let's find the area of the metal plates. We already know from a previous problem that there is a 3,000 coulomb charge on the plates. The plates are placed .5mm apart. (approximate answer is 250 miles, but give your answer in meters)
If a problem depends on a previous problem, then you need to give all relevant information, all in one place, so people don't have to guess at what's going on or chase the information down in other threads. (Whew)

Mango12

Jan 17, 2016
If a problem depends on a previous problem, then you need to give all relevant information, all in one place, so people don't have to guess at what's going on or chase the information down in other threads. (Whew)
Yes..I have given all relevant information that I know. I know the charge in coulombs and the distance between the plates. Epsilon nought is a given number. And I need to solve for area.