Christianity Shall Approve Cloning

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cloning
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of cloning and its potential implications in Christianity. One person brings up the idea of cloning as a means to prolong life, while another argues that it goes against the sanctity of life and God's intentions. The concept of Jesus being born without a father is also mentioned as a potential factor in the discussion. Overall, the conversation touches on the intersection of science and religion and raises questions about the morality of cloning in the context of Christianity.
Saint
Why?
Because Jesus was born as a complete human without the seed from a father.

Ha ha, Christianity screws up.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Saint
Ha ha, Christianity spank!
Uh huh. I am clarvoyant. I forsee you will be banned.

Originally posted by Saint
Why?
Because Jesus was born as a complete human without the seed from a father.
I don't know if that is a good enough reason, but by and large it is a fact that people do not wish not to die. If cloning can prolong life and is presented in an acceptable manner then I think most will come around to accepting it eventually.

Saint: No. The primary objection from catholics especially is that cloning (a) undermines the sanctity of life and (b) destroys the uniqueness of each of God's children and (c) is "unnatural" and unintended by God.

Most theologians think of Jesus as being born of the "divine seed" of God (kinda like golden mist of zeus in greek mythology), not a clone of Mary/God.

i think this topic is just taking up server space.

1. What is cloning?

Cloning is the process of creating an exact genetic copy of an organism, including its DNA. This can be done naturally, such as with identical twins, or artificially in a laboratory setting.

2. Is cloning currently approved by Christianity?

There is no one definitive stance on cloning within Christianity. Some view it as playing God and interfering with the natural order of life, while others see it as a way to further scientific progress and benefit humanity.

3. What biblical principles are relevant to the discussion of cloning?

The Bible does not directly address the topic of cloning, but there are principles that can be applied. For example, the concept of stewardship and responsible use of scientific advancements, as well as the belief in the value of human life and the idea that all humans are created in God's image.

4. Are there any religious groups or denominations that support cloning?

There are some religious groups that have expressed support for cloning, such as the United Church of Christ and the Unitarian Universalist Association. However, there are also many Christian denominations that oppose cloning, such as the Roman Catholic Church and various Protestant groups.

5. Are there any ethical concerns with cloning from a Christian perspective?

Some ethical concerns with cloning from a Christian perspective include the potential for exploitation or abuse of cloned individuals, the blurring of lines between what is considered natural and what is considered artificial, and the potential for cloning to devalue the uniqueness and sanctity of human life.