What is Complementary Logic and its Role in Set Theory?

• Thread starter Organic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transition
In summary, Set theory tells us that a set with repeated elements is equivalent to a set with unique elements, but considering redundancy and uncertainty as inherent properties of sets can enrich our understanding and usage of sets. This perspective leads to the concept of Complementary logic, which is a fading transition between Boolean logic and non-boolean logic, and can be represented through various mathematical operations.
i think with what organic has in mind, the partial ordering is that induced by the subset relation for, i think he means {} to be the empty set at {__} the universal set so that for all sets x,
{}<x<{__}. however, since not all sets are comparable using subset relation, it's not a total order. however, perhaps this is a kind of weak (not meant in a bad way) open interval. it can be likened to a lattice with {} at the bottom and {__} at the top. i was briefly trying to do set theory this way but I'm not sure how to do the subsets axiom with meet ^ and join v in such a way as to remove russell's paradox.

Mathematics news on Phys.org