X-Prize Competitor gearing up for test

In summary, a group is testing a small version of their space capsule for flight and landing verification, with hopes of eventually offering trips into space. This project is seen as a potential competitor to the Russian design, which utilizes a reusable rocket launched from a freighter plane. The official site for the project can be found at www.XPRIZE.com.
J-Man
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=96&ncid=96&e=6&u=/space/20030403/sc_space/x_prize_competitor_unveils_manned_space_capsule [Broken]

Hope that long link worked, if not you can read about it at http://www.space.com/

Basically a group is going to be testing a small version of their space capsule for flight/landing verification.

You may be able to take a trip into space in a few years. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Greetings !

Bloody h**l , I was hoping the Russians would
win. Not because they are Russians :wink:, but
because I thought they had the best design
so far - a small and fully reusable rocket launched
from an AN-124 freighter plane (advisably as it flies
east above the equator - to maximize momentum).
I mean, there's just no real innovation in
a simple rocket and I bet the costs are relativly
high compared to a number of other projects.

BTW, the official site with all the projects in
detail can be found here: www.XPRIZE.com

Live long and prosper.

This is incredibly exciting news! The X-Prize competition has been a driving force in pushing the boundaries of space exploration and promoting innovation in the private sector. It's amazing to see competitors like this team gearing up for tests and bringing us one step closer to the possibility of commercial space travel. It's truly a testament to the power of human ingenuity and determination. I can't wait to see the results of this test and hopefully witness the dawn of a new era in space exploration. Who knows, maybe in a few years we'll all have the opportunity to take a trip into space!

1. What is the X-Prize Competition?

The X-Prize Competition is a global competition that challenges innovators, scientists, and entrepreneurs to develop groundbreaking solutions to some of the world's most pressing problems.

2. What is the purpose of the competition?

The purpose of the X-Prize Competition is to incentivize and accelerate the development of innovative solutions that have the potential to create a positive impact on society and the environment.

3. What is the "X-Prize Competitor gearing up for test" project?

The "X-Prize Competitor gearing up for test" project is a specific project within the X-Prize Competition, where a team of competitors is preparing to test their solution to a particular problem.

4. What is the significance of this project?

This project is significant because it represents a potential breakthrough in addressing a pressing issue and has the potential to win the X-Prize Competition and receive a substantial cash prize.

5. When will the test take place and how can I follow the progress of the project?

The test is scheduled to take place on [date]. You can follow the progress of the project through the X-Prize Competition's website, social media channels, and media coverage.