Find Power & Current Info for DC Battery 9V/1.5V

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a link to determine the maximum power or current for a DC battery with 9 and 1.5 voltage. The response mentions that there is no one answer and that more details are needed. A suggested website for information on AA batteries is provided, but it is uncertain if it includes other sizes. The conversation then delves into the differences between ultracapacitors and chemical batteries in terms of maximum power and duration. A link for more information on supercapacitors is shared. The conversation also mentions the potential use of a throwaway or rechargeable battery and suggests a website for more information on batteries. The conversation ends with a suggestion to use an AC adapter or a lead acid battery
tefavolc
i need link for the power or the maximum current for dc battery 9 and 1.5 voltage ..if anyone know please share it ??

Engineering news on Phys.org
There is no one answer for this. It depends on the size of the battery and the type (chemistry) of the battery. You need to give more details.

This site has some good data on AA batts:
http://www.powerstream.com/AA-tests.htm
I thought they dealt with other sizes too, but I can't find anything in quick search mode. Maybe a little more digging will turn it up.

tefavolc said:
i need link for the power or the maximum current for dc battery 9 and 1.5 voltage ..if anyone know please share it ??
If maximum power is truly your only concern, and not duration (i.e energy), then ultracapacitors are the leading technology though their energy density is an order of magnitude less than a chemical battery. So the first question is 'maximum current' for how long? See, e.g., here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Supercapacitors_chart.svg

If you truly want a battery, can you use a throwaway (primary) or do you need a rechargeable (secondary) battery?

This site might also provide some useful background:
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
thnx all for help

If you want power..throw avay the battery and get an ac adapter

or buy a lead acid battery of 10ah atleast

Go green think green
Ethan,
Dont forget to add me as your friend

Related to Find Power & Current Info for DC Battery 9V/1.5V

1. What is the difference between power and current in a DC battery?

Power is the rate at which energy is transferred or used, and it is measured in watts (W). Current is the flow of electric charge, and it is measured in amperes (A). In a DC battery, power is the product of current and voltage, while current is the flow of electrons through the circuit.

2. How do I calculate the power and current of a DC battery?

To calculate power, multiply the voltage of the battery by the current flowing through it. For example, a 9V battery with a current of 1A would have a power of 9 watts. To calculate current, divide the power by the voltage. In the same example, the current would be 1A (9 watts / 9 volts = 1 ampere).

3. What is the voltage of a typical 9V/1.5V DC battery?

A 9V battery has a nominal voltage of 9 volts, while a 1.5V battery has a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts. However, the actual voltage of a battery can vary depending on its chemistry, age, and load. It is important to measure the voltage of a battery before using it in a circuit.

4. How does the power and current of a DC battery affect the performance of a circuit?

The power and current of a DC battery are important factors in determining the performance of a circuit. A higher power supply will allow for more components to be powered and can handle larger loads. A higher current supply can also handle more components and can provide quicker charging for devices. It is important to match the power and current of a battery to the requirements of the circuit to avoid damage.

5. How do I find the power and current information for a specific 9V/1.5V DC battery?

The power and current information for a DC battery can usually be found on the battery itself or on the packaging. Look for the voltage and current rating, usually measured in volts (V) and amperes (A) respectively. If the information is not readily available, you can also use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current of the battery.