Find Oven Temperature at various moderate mode?

In summary, the conversation discusses converting gas units into oven temperature and the challenges of determining specific oven temperatures. It is mentioned that the oven type and manufacturer may influence the temperature conversion, and that relying on online tools or approximate conversions may not always be reliable. Additionally, the conversation includes a personal anecdote about cooking with a coal-fired range and the difficulty of achieving precise temperatures.
Chadi B Ghaith
Hello,

I want to convert gas unit into oven temperature (Fahrenheit, Celsius). Which formula I can use? Also I want to know at which oven temperature we can assume it as moderately high or cool temperature??

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It depends on your oven, there might be some documentation.

"Moderately high" and "cool" are arbitrary names without a clear temperature range.

Likes Chadi B Ghaith
mfb said:
It depends on your oven, there might be some documentation.

"Moderately high" and "cool" are arbitrary names without a clear temperature range.
Can you define the formula for above conversion?

If you have data points, it is possible to find some formula that works.

Without data points: No. That's like asking "can you calculate how tall I am? What is the formula?" without giving any other information.

If there is 6 unit of gas mark than how much Celsius or Fahrenheit temperature we have to set in oven temperature?

As I said already, it depends on your oven. Ask the manufacturer, or try to find some data sheet for the oven, or measure it.

mfb said:
As I said already, it depends on your oven. Ask the manufacturer, or try to find some data sheet for the oven, or measure it.
Exactly what I am saying is, If data sheet is not available then what to do? I recently find on AshBox website, it provides oven temperature conversion tool. so now we do not have to rely on only documents. We can find it out online.

Domestic ovens do not usually have very accurate temperature settings anyway . Approximate conversions between different scales are probably acceptable for most purposes .

Conversion Chart

Bit of nostalgia : When I was a child living in a country area of UK the only means of cooking was a coal fired range . Getting the oven temperature right on one of those required considerable skill and experience . Too hot and stone cold were easy - it was getting the intermediate temperatures that was the challenge .

Last edited:
"Commercial/industrial oven?" Or, domestic?

Nidum said:
Domestic ovens do not usually have very accurate temperature settings anyway . Approximate conversions between different scales are probably acceptable for most purposes .

Conversion Chart

Bit of nostalgia : When I was a child living in a country area of UK the only means of cooking was a coal-fired range . Getting the oven temperature right on one of those required considerable skill and experience . Too hot and stone cold were easy - it was getting the intermediate temperatures that was the challenge .

Thank you Mr. Nidum for cooking chart.

Related to Find Oven Temperature at various moderate mode?

1. How do I find the oven temperature at various moderate modes?

To find the oven temperature at various moderate modes, you can use an oven thermometer or the temperature setting on your oven. Place the thermometer inside the oven and set the oven to the desired moderate mode. Once the oven reaches the set temperature, the thermometer will display the current temperature.

2. What are the moderate modes on an oven?

Moderate modes on an oven typically refer to temperature settings between 300-400 degrees Fahrenheit. These moderate modes are often used for baking, roasting, and slow cooking.

3. How can I adjust the oven temperature at moderate modes?

To adjust the oven temperature at moderate modes, you can use the temperature control knob on your oven. Turn the knob to the desired temperature setting and wait for the oven to reach the new temperature before placing food inside.

4. Why is it important to find the oven temperature at various moderate modes?

Finding the oven temperature at various moderate modes is important to ensure that your food is cooked evenly and at the desired level of doneness. Different dishes require different cooking temperatures, so knowing the temperature at moderate modes can help you achieve the best results.

5. Can I use an oven thermometer to find the temperature at all moderate modes?

Yes, an oven thermometer can be used to find the temperature at all moderate modes. However, keep in mind that the thermometer may need to be moved to different areas of the oven to get an accurate reading as the temperature may vary in different spots.