Find out weather differences in relative humidity

In summary, the best way to do this experiment is to record the relative humidity and place the metal can in a dry bowl before letting it sit. At the end of the day, you should find water on the can and in the bowl.
aisha
Heres the scenario there was a pool of liquid on the table it was one of those hot days when the air is uncomfortable and sticky,

TASK plan experiment to find out weather differences in relative humidity influences how much water collects on the outside of a metal can.

WHat is the best way to do this? I HAVE NOOO IDEA major project due tomorrow PLEASE HELP ME! :cry:

Relative humdity will make condensation when it is at 100 percent this is what I know what is the task even askin me to do? PLZ HELP my little brothers WORK PLEASE I HAVE NO IDEA! HELP. I need to write a report with an independant variable and dependant variable and control.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks pretty straightforward to me. Of course, it can't be done in one day- you will need to do this on a number of different days with differing relative humidity.

Record the relative humidity then place your metal can in a dry bowl and let it sit!
At the end of the day, you will (hopefully) find some water in the bowl and some on the can. Here's the tricky part- you want to get all that water (and it won't be much) into a beaker or test tube so you can measure its volume. You may need to carefully shake the can or use a glass rod to run the water off the can into the bowl. I would recommend a glass bowl since I think that will be easier to get all the water out of.

I would have recommended sitting the can in the beaker to begin with except that I suspect a large enough beaker to fit the can would not give a very good measure for that little water.

I saw an experiment like this online and it was using ice in the can (half full with water) See to get relative humidity u need temperature and dew point, to get the dew point we were going to put ice into the can until dew formed, but i guess this is incorrect and won't work. Hallsofivy u didnt tell me exactly what i have to do I still am not sure will the can be full of water (what temp is this water?) Also I was thinking that if the water inside of the can is measured b4 doing the experiment and then after then we can find the difference and that will tell us the amount of condensation.

The relative humidity is what is throwing us off does anyone have some idea on how to do this? Can u please explain?

I also need a control, independant and dependant variable along with a theisis.

HELP! HELP! HELP! SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS EXPERIMENT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT!

Last edited:

Related to Find out weather differences in relative humidity

1. What is relative humidity?

Relative humidity is a measure of the amount of water vapor present in the air compared to the maximum amount of water vapor that the air can hold at a given temperature. It is expressed as a percentage and is an important factor in understanding the weather and climate.

2. How is relative humidity measured?

Relative humidity is measured using a device called a hygrometer. This instrument uses two thermometers, one with a wet bulb and one with a dry bulb, to determine the difference in temperature and calculate the relative humidity.

3. What factors can affect relative humidity?

The main factors that can affect relative humidity are temperature and the amount of water vapor in the air. Warmer temperatures can hold more water vapor, leading to lower relative humidity, while colder temperatures can hold less, resulting in higher relative humidity.

4. How does relative humidity impact the weather?

Relative humidity plays a significant role in the formation of weather patterns. High relative humidity can lead to the formation of clouds and precipitation, while low relative humidity can result in dry and sunny conditions. It can also affect the way our bodies perceive temperature, with high relative humidity making it feel hotter and low relative humidity making it feel cooler.

5. How can we use relative humidity to predict the weather?

By understanding the relative humidity and how it changes over time, we can make predictions about the weather. For example, if the relative humidity is high and there is a lot of water vapor in the air, it is likely that it will rain or snow. Alternatively, if the relative humidity is low and there is little water vapor, we can expect dry and sunny conditions.