Find Numerical Physics Problems in Python

In summary, the conversation is about searching for resources with examples of numerical problems in physics, specifically quantum mechanics, written in Python. The conversation participants mention searching on Amazon and Google for books and links on computational physics in Python, and also recommend a website with source code for a 1-D Quantum Mechanics Applet.
dingo_d
I'm searching a book, or a place on the net where I'll find tons of examples of numerical problems in physics (mainly quantum mechanics) written in Python.

I have tons of books about Python, but none have good examples on problems like tunneling, solving Schrodinger eq for various potentials, scattering...

So if anyone can recommend sth I'd appreciate it ^^

Technology news on Phys.org
I found these books on amazon with the search query:
python computational physics

1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/3642024742/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by Hans Petter Langtangen
2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521835275/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by Herman J. C. Berendsen

--------

Google also has some nice links when you search for:
python computational physics

--------

Although not in Python, http://falstad.com/mathphysics.html" may be interesting for you. For example, you can download the source code for his 1-D Quantum Mechanics Applet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check that out. Thanks :)

Related to Find Numerical Physics Problems in Python

What is "Find Numerical Physics Problems in Python"?

"Find Numerical Physics Problems in Python" is a program or tool that uses the Python programming language to solve and analyze numerical physics problems. It can perform calculations, graph data, and provide visualizations for various physics concepts.

Why use Python for numerical physics problems?

Python is a high-level programming language that is easy to learn and has a large community of users and resources. It also has many libraries and modules specifically designed for scientific computing, making it a powerful tool for solving and analyzing numerical physics problems.

What types of physics problems can be solved using this tool?

This tool can be used to solve a wide range of numerical physics problems, including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics. It can handle both simple and complex problems, making it a versatile tool for scientists and researchers.

How can I use this tool to solve a physics problem?

To use this tool, you will need to have a basic understanding of the Python programming language. You can input your physics problem as mathematical equations or data and use Python functions and methods to solve it. The tool will then provide a solution or visualization for your problem.

Is this tool suitable for beginners?

While some knowledge of programming and physics is helpful, this tool can be used by beginners as well. Python is a relatively easy language to learn, and there are many tutorials and resources available online to help beginners get started. Additionally, the tool itself may have a user-friendly interface that simplifies the process of solving numerical physics problems.