Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #18,796
nsaspook said:

Maybe it's some sort of eclipse viewing accessory?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #18,797
Swamp Thing said:
Maybe it's some sort of eclipse viewing accessory?
The CO of a ship like that doesn't usually handle small arms so I have no idea why he went full HALO Master Chief.
1713237617574.png

I would bet a $1 some gunners mate put together that rig for a photo 'shoot' expecting some other guys with weapons familiarity would find it funny but somehow the CO asked to pop a few rounds for the media hounds.

The fact nobody (gunners mates/weapons handlers) said something about it to him, tells me, he's likely not loved onboard.

• Haha
Likes berkeman
  • #18,798
1713286307956.png

• Haha
  • Love
Likes dextercioby, Bystander, Borg and 1 other person
  • #18,799
Yes, I like those! Don't care how lame they are!

stereo-type.jpg

Likes Borg, Ibix and BillTre
  • #18,800
I just realized that next year will be the 60th anniversary of the first smartphone:

DonAdams.jpg

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, Bystander, phinds and 3 others
  • #18,801
Everything in that show was funny.

Likes collinsmark and BillTre
  • #18,802
Even when they missed it by that much.

Likes gmax137 and BillTre
  • #18,803
A workplace statement ... my sentiments exactly:

1713439764430.png

Likes gmax137
  • #18,804
That looks like it was written by Chat GPT 0.001.

• Haha
Likes jack action, BillTre and berkeman
  • #18,805
Borg said:
That looks like it was written by Chat GPT 0.001.
I envision it as having been written by a sleep deprived, half drunk, manager who had read WAY too many mission statements.

• Haha
Likes Tom.G
  • #18,806
gmax137 said:
Everything in that show was funny.

Yeah, I think that too. But when I've watched old episodes I've been struck by how bad a lot of the writing actually was. Cringeworthy. Definitely some hilarious stuff though. That's what I tend to remember.

Likes gmax137 and BillTre
  • #18,807
JT Smith said:
Yeah, I think that too. But when I've watched old episodes I've been struck by how bad a lot of the writing actually was. Cringeworthy. Definitely some hilarious stuff though. That's what I tend to remember.
Some of it (the dialog) was so awful that when I watched it (at the time it was actually on) I was pretty sure that was intentional, along with how silly most of it was.

• #18,809
Fellow was going up the road on his way home behind an ambulance and he noticed a small metal box sitting on the back bumper. When the ambulance turned the corner, the box flew off and landed near the shoulder.

He thought, it's high time to be a good Samaritan, so he pulled his Jeep over and retrieved it. When he opened it, there was a human toe packed in an ice bag. Holy smoke, he thought! So he called St Thomas Hospital nearby, and they said, yes, the ambulance had arrived without the box.

He gave them his location and asked if they were going to send another ambulance to collect it?

The lady replied, "No, we'll just send a toe truck."

• Haha
Likes BillTre, jack action and jtbell
  • #18,810
OK, I'll do this one myself
howling wolf small.jpg

• Skeptical
  • Love
Likes Bystander, BillTre, jack action and 1 other person
  • #18,811
1713474123621.png

Likes pinball1970, docnet and topsquark
  • #18,812
Have you noticed this never happens around the movie campfires?

In Boy Scouts we would send the tenderfoots over to the next camp, to ask for the left-handed smoke shifter, lol.

• Haha
Likes phinds, berkeman and BillTre
  • #18,813
When i was new working on a ship I was sent to find a universal something-or-other.
I guess it was funny for the tricksters, but it was a way to learn my way around the ship and meet a lot of new people.

Likes gmax137
  • #18,814
1713504127367.png

• #18,816
  • Informative
Likes gmax137 and collinsmark
  • #18,817
1713525890223.png

Likes BillTre
  • #18,818
I need a bumper sticker that says "Caution, political discussions trigger my Tourettes".

• Love
Likes BillTre, topsquark, gmax137 and 1 other person
  • #18,819
Borg said:
I need a bumper sticker that says "Caution, political discussions trigger my Tourettes".
If you really want to avoid them, change "Tourettes" to "homicidal rage"

• #18,820
1713549756045.png