Find Fourier Sin Series for f(x)=1, 0 < x < c

In summary, the Fourier sin series for f(x) = 1, 0 < x < pi is given by 1 = 4/n * 1 / (2n-1) * sin(2n-1)x, where 0 < x < pi. Using this, we can find the Fourier series for f(x) = 1 on 0 < x < c, where c > 0. Then, we can find the Fourier series for g(x) on x > 0, where g(x) = 1 for 0 < x < c, -1 for c < x < 2c, g(x + 2c) = g(x), and g(nc) = 0
Joystar77
3. Fourier sin series for f(x) = 1, 0 < x < pi is given by 1 = 4/n E 1/ (2n-1) times sin (2n-1) x, (0 < x < n).

Using this, find the Fourier sinc series for f(x)= 1, on 0 < x < c where c > 0. Then find the Fourier series for g(x), x > 0 where g(x) = 1, 0 < x < c, -1, c < x < 2c, g (x + 2c) = g(x), g (nc) = 0, n = 1, 2, 3, ...

Finally, sketch the graph of g(x), x > 0. Be sure to justify convergence is the F series to g(x) at every x > 0.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I forgot to mention in the original thread of this posting that I am totally lost and confused with this problem. I don't understand it and am not sure exactly how to work out this problem or where to start at. Can someone please help me step-by-step with this problem?

I thought maybe it might help to at least use some mathematical symbols in this problem than none at all. Here is the problem again as follows and I hope that its easier to read:

Fourier sin series for f (x) = 1, 0 < x < Pie, is given by

1 = 4 / n 1/ (2n-1), sin (2n-1)x, (0 < x < Pie)

Using this, find the Fourier sin series for f (x) = 1 on 0 < x < Pie, where c > 0. Then find
Fourier sin series for f (x) = 1, 0 < x < Pie, is given by

1 = 4 / n 1/ (2n-1), sin (2n-1)x, (0 < x < Pie), where c > 0. Then find the Fourier series for g (x), x > 0, where g (x) =

1, 0 < x < c

-1 c < x < 2c , g (x + 2c) = g (x),

g (nc) = 0, n = 1, 2, 3, …

Finally, sketch the graph of g (x), x >0

Be sure to justify convergence is the F series to g (x) at every x > 0.

\(\text{pie}\neq \pi\)

Please explain this on what your trying to say! I thought that since I wasn't able to find the mathematical symbol under Microsoft Word, then I would spell it out. Isn't the word spelled correctly for math when using the following:

Pie (∏)?

What is the difference between pie and pi in math?
dwsmith said:
\(\text{pie}\neq \pi\)

Joystar1977 said:
Please explain this on what your trying to say! I thought that since I wasn't able to find the mathematical symbol under Microsoft Word, then I would spell it out. Isn't the word spelled correctly for math when using the following:

Pie (∏)?

What is the difference between pie and pi in math?
Pie you eat and pi is an irrational number.

To achieve \(\pi\) type
Latex Code:

\(\pi\)

Also in the notes section you will find a whole pdf on Fourier Series.

http://mathhelpboards.com/math-notes-49/fourier-series-integral-transform-notes-2860.html

Thanks for answering my question (s) and letting me know this information. What I typed was questions that my instructor gave me so the wording of the questions he is asking me to do is an error on his part. I will correct that for next time. Thank you again!

dwsmith said:
Pie you eat and pi is an irrational number.

To achieve \(\pi\) type
Latex Code:

\(\pi\)

Also in the notes section you will find a whole pdf on Fourier Series.

http://mathhelpboards.com/math-notes-49/fourier-series-integral-transform-notes-2860.html

Related to Find Fourier Sin Series for f(x)=1, 0 < x < c

1. What is a Fourier Sin Series?

A Fourier Sin Series is a mathematical representation of a periodic function as a sum of sine functions with different frequencies and amplitudes. It is used to decompose a complex function into simpler components, making it easier to analyze and solve problems.

2. How do you find the Fourier Sin Series for a given function?

To find the Fourier Sin Series for a given function, you first need to determine the period of the function. Then, you can use the Fourier series formula to calculate the coefficients of the sine functions by integrating the function over one period. The final Fourier Sin Series will be the sum of these coefficients multiplied by the respective sine functions.

3. Why is it important to find the Fourier Sin Series for a function?

Finding the Fourier Sin Series for a function allows us to understand its behavior and properties in a more simplified manner. It also helps in solving differential equations, signal processing, and other mathematical problems. Moreover, it provides a better understanding of the periodic nature of functions and how they can be represented in terms of sine functions.

4. What is the range of x for which the Fourier Sin Series for f(x)=1, 0 < x < c is valid?

The Fourier Sin Series for f(x)=1, 0 < x < c is valid for all values of x within the given range, i.e. 0 to c. This is because the function f(x)=1 is a constant function with a period of 2c, and the Fourier series is valid for all values within one period.

5. Can the Fourier Sin Series for f(x)=1, 0 < x < c be extended to a larger range of x values?

Yes, the Fourier Sin Series for f(x)=1, 0 < x < c can be extended to a larger range of x values by using the periodicity of the function. For example, for a function with a period of 2c, the Fourier series can be extended to any multiple of 2c for the x values. However, beyond that range, the function may have different properties and the Fourier series may not be valid.