Find Classic Papers by Einstein Online

• Thread starter J77
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Papers
In summary, the first three papers discuss the work of Einstein concerning the photoelectric effect, special relativity, and the theory of relativity. The fourth paper is about the work of Riemann and discusses the number of primes less than a given quantity.
J77
There may already be a thread but I couldn't see it - if so, please direct me there.

I thought it would be nice to find and post links to classic, first papers by, eg. Einstein, which are available online...

< goes off to do some hunting >

Physics news on Phys.org
First hit on google:

http://www.einstein.caltech.edu/

but can you only buy them from there... :frown:

more hopeful: http://dbserv.ihep.su/hist/owa/hw.p...n&athr2=&athr3=&lang=en&date1=&date2=&nres=10 :smile:

As this thread hope to take off, I'll add that the second link points to translations of:
EINSTEIN 1905 Explanation of the photoelectric effect with use of the quantum hypothesis of Planck. Light is a flow of corpuscular objects with definite energies - Planck's quanta of energy.
EINSTEIN 1905B Invention of the theory of special relativity. Beginnings of the relativistic era in physics.
EINSTEIN 1905C Invention of the theory of special relativity, E = mc2. Beginnings of the relativistic era in physics.
EINSTEIN 1906 Corpuscular-wave dualism for photons. Explanation of the photoelectric effect using the quantum hypothesis of Planck.

EINSTEIN 1924 Extension of the Bose method to the monoatomic gases. Prediction of Bose-Einstein condensation effect.
EINSTEIN 1925 Extension of the Bose method to the monoatomic ideal gases. Prediction of Bose-Einstein condensation effect and rediscovery of the wave properties of matter particles.
Fred's excellent link is to Newton's Principia, and Zz's points to a different translation from those above.

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Riemann's paper, Ueber die Anzahl der Primzahlen unter einer gegebenen Grösse (On the number of primes less than a given quantity)

http://www.claymath.org/millennium/Riemann_Hypothesis/1859_manuscript/

OK, it's in German and the handwriting's impossible... but there are German and English transcripts too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Find Classic Papers by Einstein Online

1. How can I find classic papers by Einstein online?

To find classic papers by Einstein online, you can use search engines like Google or specialized databases such as the Digital Einstein Papers or the Einstein Archives Online. These databases contain a vast collection of Einstein's scientific writings, including his most famous papers.

2. Are all of Einstein's papers available online?

No, not all of Einstein's papers are available online. While many of his most famous papers are available, some of his lesser-known works may not be digitized or accessible online. Additionally, some papers may only be available in their original language, which may not be English.

3. Can I access Einstein's papers for free?

Yes, you can access Einstein's papers for free through various online databases and archives. However, some databases may require a subscription or payment for full access to all of Einstein's papers.

4. How do I know if a paper is a "classic" by Einstein?

A classic paper by Einstein is generally considered to be one of his most influential and groundbreaking works, such as his papers on the theory of relativity or the photoelectric effect. These papers are often referenced and studied by other scientists and have had a significant impact on the field of physics.

5. Can I download and use Einstein's papers for my own research?

Yes, you can download and use Einstein's papers for your own research. However, be sure to properly cite and attribute any information or ideas taken from his papers, just as you would with any other source. It is also important to note that some of Einstein's papers may be under copyright, so be sure to check the terms of use for the specific database or archive you are using.