Best Physics Beginner Book: From Basics to Advanced Concepts | 7th Grade and Up

In summary, the original poster is looking for recommendations for a physics book for beginners that also goes into depth. They mention being in 7th grade and having a background in calculus. One suggestion is to look for popular college freshman texts, such as Halliday, Resnick, and Walker. Another suggestion is The Feynman Lectures on Physics, which are great for explaining concepts but not as helpful for problem-solving.
kone
Hello all,

I was just wondering if any of you know of a great physics book for beginners that later goes into depth. I'm in the 7th grade right now and don't have a problem learning from the book as I just finished single-variable calculus but I was just hoping for some good feedback so I don't end up buying a bad book. Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by kone
I was just wondering if any of you know of a great physics book for beginners that later goes into depth. I'm in the 7th grade right now and don't have a problem learning from the book as I just finished single-variable calculus but I was just hoping for some good feedback so I don't end up buying a bad book. Thanks in advance!

Well, if you know calculus, then you should look for one of the popular college freshman texts, such as Halliday, Resnick, and Walker. The Feynman Lectures on Physics are absolutely wonderful at explaining many concepts, but they're not so good at teaching you how to solve problems, so they make a good supplement as opposed to a primary text.

1. What makes this physics book suitable for beginners?

This book is written in a clear and concise manner, making it easy for beginners to understand complex physics concepts. It starts with the basics and gradually progresses to more advanced topics, providing a solid foundation for building knowledge and understanding.

2. Is this book appropriate for 7th grade students?

Yes, this book is designed for students in 7th grade and up. It uses simple language and includes plenty of examples and illustrations to make the concepts more accessible for younger students.

3. Does this book cover all the important topics in physics?

Yes, this book covers all the fundamental topics in physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, waves, and optics. It also includes advanced topics such as relativity and quantum mechanics.

4. Are there any hands-on experiments or activities included in the book?

Yes, this book includes hands-on experiments and activities to help students apply the concepts they have learned. These activities are designed to be done with simple materials that can be found at home or in a classroom.

5. Can this book be used as a self-study guide?

Yes, this book can be used as a self-study guide for students who are motivated to learn physics on their own. It includes review questions and practice problems at the end of each chapter, allowing students to test their understanding and reinforce their learning.