Find average velocity of Vector A and B

In summary, the problem involves two arrows, A and B, with initial and final velocities at certain angles and a time of 5 seconds. The question is asking for the average acceleration of A. Using the formula a(avg) = (B - A)/t, where A and B are perpendicular, we can find the answer.
Arshad_Physic

Homework Statement

Arrow 'A" is at an angle of 60 degress and V(initial)= 2 m/s. Arrow B is pointed at 330 degrees with V(final) of 5 m/s. Time= 5 seconds. What is the A(avg) vector is the question.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I am at a total loss... I know how to ADD vectors - how to get their direction - but the teacher just threw this question at us, and I can't find any help in book either...

Arshad

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you mean A(avg) is average acceleration? In that case
a(avg) = (B - A)/t
Since A and B are perpendicular to each other A + B and B - A are the same.

Thanks! I will try that! :)

Related to Find average velocity of Vector A and B

1. What is the formula for finding the average velocity of Vector A and B?

The average velocity of Vector A and B can be calculated by dividing the total displacement of the two vectors by the total time taken. The formula is: Average Velocity = (Displacement of Vector A + Displacement of Vector B) / (Total Time Taken)

2. How do you find the displacement of Vector A and B?

The displacement of Vector A and B can be found by subtracting the initial position from the final position of each vector. This will give the magnitude and direction of the displacement.

3. Can the average velocity of Vector A and B be negative?

Yes, the average velocity of Vector A and B can be negative. This indicates that the vectors are moving in opposite directions.

4. What units are used for average velocity?

The units of average velocity are typically distance over time, such as meters per second or kilometers per hour.

5. How is the average velocity of Vector A and B different from their instantaneous velocity?

The average velocity of Vector A and B is calculated over a specific time period, while instantaneous velocity is the velocity at a specific moment in time. The average velocity gives an overall picture of the movement of the vectors, while instantaneous velocity shows the velocity at a specific point.