Hope AMD will be successful to make 64bits CPU

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cpu
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential success of AMD's 64-bit CPU technology and its impact on gaming and computing power. The speaker hopes that this technology will be embraced by operating systems and utilized effectively. Despite high prices, they plan to purchase the consumer version of the CPU.
Saint
I really hope AMD will be successful to make 64bits CPU the popular choice over 32bits CPU, so that we can have awesome 3D gaming and unprecedented computing power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Well.
What i hope is that the programmers of well-known operating systems (like Windows) will be able to use this new technology effectively, not like they misused the 32bit systems when they were first introduced ...

well, I'm going to buy the Athlon 64, cause the prices of these Opterons (and Xeons) are... erm... high.

The game performace is looking very

it outperforms Xeon.

Originally posted by Jikx
well, I'm going to buy the Athlon 64, cause the prices of these Opterons (and Xeons) are... erm... high.

The game performace is looking very
Opteron is a server chip to compete with Xeon. The consumer version (codename clawhammer) will be out later this year.

1. What is the benefit of having a 64-bit CPU?

A 64-bit CPU allows for larger amounts of memory to be addressed and accessed, leading to increased performance and faster processing of data.

2. How does AMD plan to make their 64-bit CPU successful?

AMD plans to use advanced manufacturing processes, innovative design techniques, and partnerships with other companies to create a competitive and high-performing 64-bit CPU.

3. Will AMD's 64-bit CPU be compatible with existing software and operating systems?

Yes, AMD's 64-bit CPU will be compatible with most existing software and operating systems, as long as they are also 64-bit compatible.

4. What makes AMD's 64-bit CPU different from other 64-bit CPUs on the market?

AMD's 64-bit CPU will have unique features and design elements that set it apart from other 64-bit CPUs, such as efficient power consumption and advanced multi-core processing capabilities.

5. When can we expect to see AMD's 64-bit CPU on the market?

AMD has not yet announced an official release date for their 64-bit CPU, but it is expected to be available in the near future as they continue to develop and refine the technology.