Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin

• Thread starter megashawn
  • Start date
In summary, the website Technical Virgin is a satirical take on the idea of abstinence-only sex education. It features a commercial promoting anal sex as an alternative to pregnancy and mocks the idea of "everything but" sex. The website has received mixed reactions, with some finding it funny and others concerned about the potential dangers of promoting unprotected sex. The website also includes fake testimonials and photos, and is a commentary on the current state of sex education and attitudes towards sex in society.
megashawn
Science Advisor
Ready for a good laugh? Technical Virgin

http://www.technicalvirgin.com

So I see this commercial on Tech Tv the other night, a young girl, high school looking, was talking about her big plans and future goals, and how getting pregnant would ruin it. Then she goes on to discuss how anal sex is the best alternative.

My words can't do it justice, you got to check out the site.

I for one can't quit laughing.

But I like what there doing. Its an advertising campaign to counter the Abstinence and all the other preaching about how evil sex is. Its like they are making a mockery out of the entire group of fundies.

edit: Oops, the joke wasn't supposed to be my bad spelling.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ahj, the commercial IS kinda funny, you are not serious you really saw that on television right?

If this IS really getting out in the open, it would be very dangerous: unprotected sex, since no risk of pregnancies.. but the risk of an HIV-infection sky rockets..

The last sentence of the Technical Virgin's message to teens:

So, teens, the next time you strip down for sex, remember the TechnicalVirgin motto — "Everything Butt!"

But did you read the "Teen Testimonials" Yeowwwwwweeeeeeeeeee! stuff like you might think zoobyshoe (or me?) could come up with for an "adult only" comedy page, but not for real UGH!

I tried sending the developers of the site an email message, but the address is invalid -figures-.

OMG! This is sooo mean, the pictures of those kids on the webpages?? I am pretty sure they bought it for a low price at www.photos.com which has 80,000 royalty-free photos, ready to use.

For instance, did you read the 'Creative date ideas' page, with the guy with the funny hairdo??

i really hope this is a joke...monique is right about spreading disease...i would be shocked if this commericial were for real...

If you had reas the whole site, you would find that this is a satirical reaction to the idiotic idea of 'abstinence only' sex-ed.

Yes, it's clearly a joke.

It is a parody, but maybe you guys don't know this is a real issue. There ARE kids that do it. I knew of some girls in college who did it - the funniest were those who did it for religious/moral reasons. These guys didn't make up the concept of a "technical virgin."

Yep...and thanks to the moronic right-wing religious folks, the biggest result of abstinance-only sex-ed is a rise in gonnorhea of the throat, and a general rise in STDs.

The Washington Post ran a first-page article last year about my old junior high school. The woods where our bejeaned crowd used to practice smoke inhalations was now a site for novel oral activity. What had been pipe sharing has transmuted into a new fixation, one with seemingly no immediate risk except the loss of individual dignity and an abrupt destruction of childhood. To these kids, fellatio is not really sex. Such a way to punish the parents!

What message are these minors unconsciously sending? Will they as adults enjoy sex, or need to rehabilitate these lost years? How has sex changed over the last three generations?

Originally posted by Loren Booda
The Washington Post ran a first-page article last year about my old junior high school. The woods where our bejeaned crowd used to practice smoke inhalations was now a site for novel oral activity. What had been pipe sharing has transmuted into a new fixation, one with seemingly no immediate risk except the loss of individual dignity and an abrupt destruction of childhood. To these kids, fellatio is not really sex. Such a way to punish the parents!

What message are these minors unconsciously sending? Will they as adults enjoy sex, or need to rehabilitate these lost years? How has sex changed over the last three generations?
See, and this is why we need REAL sex education in school...since so many adults seem to think that 'just say no' is a reasonable response to all the world's problems.

What is "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin"?

"Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin" is a comedic book written by Dr. V. S. Rao, a renowned scientist and researcher. It is a humorous take on the journey of a scientist and includes anecdotes and experiences from his personal and professional life.

Who is the author of "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin"?

The author of "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin" is Dr. V. S. Rao. He is a scientist, researcher, and writer who has published numerous articles and books in the field of science and technology.

What is the main theme of "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin"?

The main theme of "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin" is the intersection of science and humor. The book presents a light-hearted and humorous take on the life of a scientist, showcasing the funny side of scientific research and discoveries.

Is "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin" suitable for non-scientist readers?

Yes, "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin" is suitable for readers of all backgrounds. While it does contain scientific references and anecdotes, the book is written in a humorous and engaging style that can be enjoyed by anyone looking for a good laugh.

Where can I purchase "Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin"?

"Ready or a good laugh? Technical Virgin" is available for purchase on various online platforms such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the author's website. It may also be available in select bookstores and libraries.

Back