Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
Originally posted by MSI what is the @@@@ when it goes to the $$$$ and it get the ####, go up down?
Obviously an economics quetion. Sell your stock in NBC, buy four goldfish, name two of them, let the other two choose their own names, don't ever let them look through telescopes, and make sure they pay their own cable bills.If you spent 30,000.00 to have your face surgically altered to resemble a goldfish, who would really care?

Physics news on Phys.org
The guy who is selling you the surgery would.

How much are you willing to pay for breast implants for your dog?

Originally posted by FZ+
I'd 'blow my wad' in order to raise the self-esteem of my beloved pet.

Would calf-implants for the beloved canine be considered extravagant?

Originally posted by FZ+
I'm tempted to give $0.02, but that is probably far over the going rate.

If they stopped making pennies, how would people be able to give their 2 cents?

Originally posted by J-Man
I'm tempted to give $0.02, but that is probably far over the going rate.

If they stopped making pennies, how would people be able to give their 2 cents?

Write a check.

If arithmetic is incomplete, how many times can you put your two cents in without reaching a contradiction?

Each and every forum you'll find Avatars after you name...
why?

If arithmetic is incomplete, how many times can you put your two cents in without reaching a contradiction?
###ERROR!&$5321###

Each and every forum you'll find Avatars after you name...
Because in between snacks on the eighth day, God said...

How many monkeys and how much time would it take to type out the complete works of Shakespeare, on Microsoft Word?

Originally posted by FZ+
How many monkeys and how much time would it take to type out the complete works of Shakespeare, on Microsoft Word? [/B]
In such a case the Creationists would be 100% correct; it's impossible !

*now for a rehash compilation*

If you could determine how long it would take for a grasshopper with a peg leg to poke out all the seeds in a dill pickle, and you could compute how long it would take for a rooster to hatch a hardware store out of a brass doorknob, could you calculate how far a rat turd would have to drop in order to break a shingle?

Originally posted by BoulderHead
If you could determine how long it would take for a grasshopper with a peg leg to poke out all the seeds in a dill pickle, and you could compute how long it would take for a rooster to hatch a hardware store out of a brass doorknob, could you calculate how far a rat turd would have to drop in order to break a shingle?
Humm, Yes!, Hummm, Yes!, and about the distance from that last thoughts 'inception to completion/execution'!

How would you feel if you were the messenger who had to deliver the message, to Sir Isaac Newton, that the Scientific community, of the year 2003, had decided to rescind his accreditations for his presentation of the "Laws of Motion" ("An object at rest..." etc.) on the basis that they were not presented in a mathematical/quantitative manner?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Humm, Yes!, Hummm, Yes!, and about the distance from that last thoughts 'inception to completion/execution'!

How would you feel if you were the messenger who had to deliver the message, to Sir Isaac Newton, that the Scientific community, of the year 2003, had decided to rescind his accreditations for his presentation of the "Laws of Motion" ("An object at rest..." etc.) on the basis that they were not presented in a mathematical/quantitative manner?

Smug.

And if you were Sir Isaac, how would you defend yourself?

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
And if you were Sir Isaac, how would you defend yourself?
Numerically! of course...

How are you going to defend Sir Isaac Newton's work, numerically?

Numerically! of course...

How are you going to defend Sir Isaac Newton's work, numerically?

Transcendentally, to be sure.

Is it irrational to argue transcendentally?

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Is it irrational to argue transcendentally?
Only if you use "Rational Imaginary Calculus"

What the heck do you do when you were hired to install a "Dumphries wall", the owner calls you up to tell you that he is "Certain it doesn't work" cause every morning he comes out, touches it, and it's cold, so he now wants you to warranty your work??

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons What the heck do you do when you were hired to install a "Dumphries wall", the owner calls you up to tell you that he is "Certain it doesn't work" cause every morning he comes out, touches it, and it's cold, so he now wants you to warranty your work??
You explain to him that the sensation of cold upon touching a Dumphrie's Wall is a sure sign of a rare neurological disorder and that the wall doesn't need a warrantee, it needs a neurologist. Conversly, it may only need a large, egg shaped man to sit on it and keep it warm, but that he should be secured there with a seat belt. In other words, you can provide this egg shaped man, but he (the wall owner) will have to provide you with a warrantee that he will not let the man have a great fall. If your last name was Dumpfrie and your parents gave you the first name: "Humpfrie", could all the King's psychologists and all the King's shrinks ever put you together again?

They'd get me in stitches if they tried.

What is the last number in pi?

Originally posted by Silverious
What is the last number in pi?
Seven! (it follows the twenty two {22} that it divides!)

If a large 'egg' shaped man, came over to your house, and asked to be allowed to sit upon your "Dumphries wall" as to warm his backside, would you let him in?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons If a large 'egg' shaped man, came over to your house, and asked to be allowed to sit upon your "Dumphries wall" as to warm his backside, would you let him in?
Certainly, as long as he agreed to sing "I am the egg man, they are the egg men, I am the Walrus! Goo goo ga-joob", for the duration.If Humpty had lived long enough to hatch, what would have come out?

Originally posted by "The Ova" zoobyshoe
If Humpty had lived long enough to hatch, what would have come out?
Obviously 'Dumpty'! ( )

So you are "running up a hill, to fetch a pail of water", the Great Pumpkin is smiling down upon you because of your gracious attitude, you slip, fall down into a deep well, (past a sleeping rabbit) landing on your head, you awake, and find out that you are at home, but this isn't really your home, this is your antimatter home in the "Antimatter Universe", (parallel to ours) consequently if you meet your "opposite" (charge/state) BOTH Universes will be destroyed, and look, here you come now, what do you say to yourself to keep yourself from destroying BOTH Universes? (eh what?)

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons So you are "running up a hill, to fetch a pail of water", the Great Pumpkin is smiling down upon you because of your gracious attitude, you slip, fall down into a deep well, (past a sleeping rabbit) landing on your head, you awake, and find out that you are at home, but this isn't really your home, this is your antimatter home in the "Antimatter Universe", (parallel to ours) consequently if you meet your "opposite" (charge/state) BOTH Universes will be destroyed, and look, here you come now, what do you say to yourself to keep yourself from destroying BOTH Universes? (eh what?)
Thinking rapidly in antimatter mode, you ask yourself "What would I need to hear if I were him to make me stop?" You then realize he is wondering the same thing about you. Slowly, you back away from each other. Then you realize each of you is, chaotically, about to reverse charge, but that a ten minute interval of neutrality will preceed during which it will be possible to shake hands, ask how the family is doing, and remind each other to feed the cat as you prepare to exchange lives in each others respective universe.Given the extrordinary number of feathers growing from the body of the average bird, where do they find the closet space to hang them all up when they go to bed at night?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Given the extrordinary number of feathers growing from the body of the average bird, where do they find the closet space to hang them all up when they go to bed at night?
As a nesting "Robin" (in a tent) I can attest to the fact of the clear absence of closet space in any, and all, nesting facilities, BUT I have been authorized, by my fellow "fliers" to allude to the actual, and real, manner of storage (overnight) of our feathered suits......"and you thought all of those eggs were babies??"

Given zoobyshoe's obsession with the Prime Minster of Canada, don't you think it's about time the two met?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons Given zoobyshoe's obsession with the Prime Minster of Canada, don't you think it's about time the two met?
Believe me, my people have called his people dozens of times trying to arrange just such a meeting, but he always bows out claiming that he's afraid to leave the country because a tent dwelling rabble rouser in Kingston is poised to launch a coup d'etat the moment he departs Canadian soil.How would you account for it is you awoke in your tent one night to the sound of something sizzling, a strong odor of rotten eggs (H2S) a shower of sparks visible through the crack in the front flaps, and, from behind the tent, a Bach harpsichord partita being played by none other than Seymour Hayden?

Last edited:
How would you account for it is you awoke in your tent one night to the sound of something sizzling, a strong odor of rotten eggs (H2S) a shower of sparks visible through the crack in the front flaps, and, from behind the tent, a Bach harpsichord partita being played by none other than Seymour Hayden?
Clearly, they found me! (and apparently I had just flatulated, sorry ) (and the *sparks* are from the flares they were using, to light there way into the deep, dark, cavernous, field, that I am curently tenting in)

So now that I have been "found", where the heck does one go from here?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons So now that I have been "found", where the heck does one go from here?
One interesting option might be to quickly smear some lipstick on, step out into the harsh searchlights and announce "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille." Then, while they are preoccupied wrestling the big panavision into position for this important shot, run like hell for the woods.In the event you are really too confused about this thing with an electron having 3/3 charge to make heads or tales out of it, are you required to pay your electric bill anyway?

In the event you are really too confused about this thing with an electron having 3/3 charge to make heads or tales out of it, are you required to pay your electric bill anyway?
Absolutely, ALL 3 thirds of it!

How many electrons, do you pay for, every month?

How many electrons, do you pay for, every month?
I paid for 53385946837488 electrons last month.

Whats the going price on electrons these days?[

Hi ppl,
where can i file my stupid questions?

Originally posted by revesz
Whats the going price on electrons these days?
A little slice of "Truth and Beauty" (or is that 'top' and 'bottom')

Is that really a 'strangely' 'charming' quention??

Subset:
Originally inserted by demoremda
where can i file my stupid questions?
In the same place you have seemed to have misplaced your "Stupid quention" file!

Quention? see above!

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons Is that really a 'strangely' 'charming' quention??
I am not among those who were strangely charmed by it, so I cannot speak for them, but I will say it was a charmingly strange quetion, if you look at it from 37 degrees west of the old firehouse in Abernathy, Texas at 5:32 AM on any clear June morning, provided there are no disproportionate magnetic disturbances.What kind of shampoo do electrons use to keep their field lines so rich, full, and long (no split ends)?

What kind of shampoo do electrons use to keep their field lines so rich, full, and long (no split ends)?
"Heisenburg Dual purpose Shampoo" helps your "field lines" to keep both their momentum, and position!

Why is "Heisenburg Shampoo" THE only choice for washing, rinsing, and conditioning your electrons??

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons Why is "Heisenburg Shampoo" THE only choice for washing, rinsing, and conditioning your electrons??
I'm really not certain.Since all electrons repell all other electrons, and electrons are indivisible, how do they reproduce?

I'm really not certain.

Since all electrons repell all other electrons, and electrons are indivisible, how do they reproduce?

By spooky action at a distance.

How do spooks act when they are close up?

Originally posted by selfAdjoint How do spooks act when they are close up?
They generally flash their CIA credentials and ask a lot of questions. How can you ever be sure that your cat, who seems to lie there for hours just watchingyou, isn't working for the CIA?

How can you ever be sure that your cat, who seems to lie there for hours just watchingyou, isn't working for the CIA?
You can tell, the second that its waveform collapses, hologram is over...knock on the door...YIKES!

What do you say to the drunk, who shows up at your door, claiming to be your 'long-lost' drinking partner, and you're only twelve!

What do you say to the drunk, who shows up at your door, claiming to be your 'long-lost' drinking partner, and you're only twelve!
Given the terrible fondness I had for demon rum between the ages of 5 and 9 years of age, I would believe him. However, that doesn't mean I would let him in.On a recent trip to the Congo I had the honor of discovering a new species of microorganism which has the amazing ability to mimic the facial characteristics of all US presidents from the current holder of that office all the way back to Herbert Hoover. What possible evolutionary function could this ability have been selected out to serve?

On a recent trip to the Congo I had the honor of discovering a new species of microorganism which has the amazing ability to mimic the facial characteristics of all US presidents from the current holder of that office all the way back to Herbert Hoover. What possible evolutionary function could this ability have been selected out to serve?
Dang you zoob, now you need to be, AHEM *deleted*, how the heck did you find out about that plan, that one was the 'toppest' of "Top Secrets", the most covert of undercover covertness that could be applied, not since 'Area 52' has anything so sensitive been leaked out to the general public, and it's all your respocibility zoob, that plan was to develop a bacteria that could be used in case of an attack upon West Edmonton Mall, here in Canada. The idea was that as the terrorist came to plant their stuff, the bacteria, recognizing any terrorist by odor, would instantaneously tranmutate into a full life size form of several Former/Past Presidents of the U.S. who would then arrest and handcuff the "shocked" (and "awed") criminal/terrorist. (Bacteria can hide well in an urban environment)

Ah well "Go with plan B, boys..."

Now that the zoob has let slip your nations most important, and advanced, weapons defence system, what the heck is going to defend the U.S.A. (and the rst of North America) now?