Mathematical Noob: A Student's Journey through Calculus I

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter jasonlg3d
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a person who is new to math and is seeking help in a discussion forum. The topic shifts to anti-people and their beliefs, as well as the search for answers to fundamental questions. The term "noob" is also discussed and defined.
jasonlg3d
<------Mathematical n00b

I just came across this site today. I am an Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering student. I just started Calc I a month ago. Just wanted to say and to see what this forum was like. Anyways, like I said, I am a math noob since I am only in calc I so I'll be looking here for help when I get stumped. Cya around.

Physics news on Phys.org
"Stay away from anti-people."

that sounds like something an anti-person would say, btw.

cheers,
phoenix

I'm my own anti-person.

i think the tendency is to believe that no one out there has any answers to fundamental questions. in that sense, i am also an anti-person for i believe it incredible that anyone has any answers. is it that self-discovery is the only tool we really have to getting the answers? that people without cannot give us the answers?

answers to what, you ask? well, i'd like answers to the following questions: what is the nature of myself? what is the nature of reality? what is the nature of God? those are my principle three goals right now; this is why i spend time on discussion forums, in the hope that others might possibly have the answers. i hope that my suspicion that no one has the answers is wrong, that i just haven't met the right people yet but someday will.

cheers,
phoenix

Okay, I'm not proud, I'll show my age. Exactly what is a "noob"?

i'm showing my age as well. it seems like noob is a neologism. i also pondered what this might be. i have guessed that it is short for noobie, as in new-be(ing).

just a thought.

cheers,
phoenix

n00b definition

lol! ok here you go

n00b pronounced noooob.
n. Slang
Short for newbie. One who is a neophyte, a beginner.

sorry for my internet slang. I have been a multimedia designer by trade for the last few years so I dealt with internet geeks alot. Its ok my wife didnt know what it was either. Now she uses it in everyday conversations. Ha. It's becoming a part of american venacular.

1. What is "Mathematical Noob: A Student's Journey through Calculus I" about?

"Mathematical Noob" is a book that follows the journey of a student through their first year of Calculus. It covers topics such as limits, derivatives, and integrals in a relatable and easy-to-understand way.

2. Is this book suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Mathematical Noob" is specifically designed for students who are new to Calculus. It starts with the basics and gradually builds upon them, making it accessible for beginners.

3. Will this book help me improve my Calculus skills?

Absolutely! "Mathematical Noob" not only explains the concepts of Calculus, but also provides practice problems and step-by-step solutions to help you improve your skills and understanding.

4. Are there any visual aids in this book?

Yes, "Mathematical Noob" includes diagrams, graphs, and illustrations to help visualize the concepts being discussed. This makes it easier to understand and apply the principles of Calculus.

5. Can I use this book as a supplement to my Calculus course?

Yes, "Mathematical Noob" can be used as a supplement to any Calculus course. It covers the same topics and provides additional explanations and practice problems to enhance your learning experience.