Feynmf returns Feynman graph:\Delta , no diagram

In summary, the package feynmf is used for drawing Feynman diagrams, but some users may experience issues with the diagrams not appearing after compilation. This could be due to an installation problem, and a potential solution is to uninstall and reinstall the package.
electroweak
feynmf returns "Feynman graph:\Delta", no diagram

I recently installed the package feynmf for drawing Feynman diagrams (or at least I think I did -- my MiKTex Package Manager says so). When I compile
Code:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{feynmf}
\begin{document}\setlength{\unitlength}{1mm}
\begin{fmffile}{samplepics}

\begin{fmfgraph*}(40,30) \fmfpen{thick}
\fmfleft{i1,i2} \fmfright{o1,o2}
\fmf{fermion}{i1,v1,o1} \fmf{fermion}{i2,v2,o2}
\fmf{photon,label=$q$}{v1,v2} \fmfdot{v1,v2}
\end{fmfgraph*}

\end{fmffile}
\end{document}
pdfLaTeX produces a pdf which reads only "Feynman graph:\Delta". No diagram is created. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
I copied and compiled your code in Overleaf, and it gave me this:

1564337100354.png

Maybe there is an installation problem. Try uninstalling the package and reinstalling it.

1. What is Feynmf and how is it related to Feynman graphs?

Feynmf is a software package used for creating Feynman diagrams, which are graphical representations of mathematical equations used in particle physics. It is a popular tool among scientists for visualizing and analyzing complex particle interactions.

2. What does it mean when "Feynmf returns Feynman graph:\Delta , no diagram"?

This typically means that the software was unable to generate a Feynman diagram for the given input. It could be due to an error in the input, or the software may not have the necessary capabilities to create the specific diagram requested.

3. What is the significance of the "\Delta" symbol in "Feynmf returns Feynman graph:\Delta , no diagram"?

The "\Delta" symbol represents the Greek letter delta, which is often used in particle physics to denote a change or difference. In this context, it may be indicating that the requested diagram could not be created due to a change or difference in the input or capabilities of the software.

4. Can Feynmf be used for any type of Feynman diagram?

No, Feynmf is designed specifically for creating Feynman diagrams in particle physics. It may not be suitable for other types of diagrams or for diagrams in other fields of science.

5. Is Feynmf the only software available for creating Feynman diagrams?

No, there are other software packages available for creating Feynman diagrams, such as TikZ-Feynman and JaxoDraw. Each software may have its own strengths and limitations, so it is important to choose the one that best fits your needs and expertise.