Femlab transient n-s problem

• Thread starter priyankp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transient
In summary, the best way to pass a 10th order Fourier interpolation function for inflow velocity to FEMlab is to use the "Interpolation" feature, which allows you to input your data points and generate a smooth function for your simulation.
priyankp

Homework Statement

I have to solve transient n-s equations using femlab for a plenum, inlet of which is connected to a compressor, now at compressor exit i know values of axial velocity coefficient at different time steps using which i can generate a Fourier interpolation function which i need to feed as input to femlab (i have checked that 10th order Fourier interpolation function matches with my data)

Homework Equations

how do i pass a 10th order Fourier interpolation function for inflow velocity to femlab?, Is there some easy way to generate such function and pass it? or can i directly provide it with data?

The Attempt at a Solution

i haven't been able to solve it yet...

Engineering news on Phys.org

Thank you for your question. It seems like you are trying to solve a complex problem involving transient N-S equations and using FEMlab to model a plenum connected to a compressor. It is great that you have already generated a Fourier interpolation function for the inflow velocity at the compressor exit. In order to pass this function to FEMlab, you can use the "Interpolation" feature in the software. This feature allows you to input your data points and generate an interpolation function, which can then be used in your simulation. You can also directly input your data points into FEMlab, but using the interpolation feature will give you a more accurate and smooth function.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Related to Femlab transient n-s problem

What is Femlab?

Femlab is a finite element analysis software used for solving various engineering problems.

What does the term "transient" mean in the context of Femlab?

In Femlab, "transient" refers to a time-dependent problem where the solution changes over time.

What does the "n-s" in "n-s problem" stand for?

The "n-s" stands for "Navier-Stokes", which is a set of equations used to describe the motion of fluids.

What types of problems can be solved using Femlab?

Femlab can be used to solve problems related to structural mechanics, heat transfer, fluid flow, and electromagnetics.

Is Femlab user-friendly for non-experts?

Femlab has a user-friendly interface with built-in tutorials and examples, making it accessible for non-experts. However, a basic understanding of finite element analysis principles and mathematics is still necessary to use the software effectively.