Feedback on Report | Get Concerns Resolved

• Thread starter nobahar
  • Start date
In summary, this conversation covers the concerns that the individual had about a link on the forum, and the response they received from the moderators.
nobahar
Hello!
I reported a post because a link in the post concerned me - nothing to do with the content of the post per se. I haven't had a response and I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to whether anyone else has some concern about it, or whether it is fine.
I can provide more details if needed, but I'm guessing the report should be traceable? If I even reported it correctly...

Thankyou.

Physics news on Phys.org
You could PM a mentor to ask but please bear in mind that due to the the amount of reports we get and the amount of time some take up in moderation discussions we aren't able to give feedback all the time. One-off specific requests will probably get a response but we couldn't do it if it was frequent.

Last edited:
nobahar said:
I reported a post because a link in the post concerned me - nothing to do with the content of the post per se. I haven't had a response and I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to whether anyone else has some concern about it, or whether it is fine.
I can provide more details if needed, but I'm guessing the report should be traceable? If I even reported it correctly...

I think I know which report/link you mean - we discussed it and it doesn't look like the site is harmful. I have personally checked some of the images displayed there - they are displayed at random and intended to be funny (with a variable level of success). None of the small sample I have seen contained anything controversial.

Ryan_m_b said:
You could PM a mentor to ask but please bear in mind that due to the the amount of reports we get and the amount of time some take up in moderation discussions we aren't able to give feedback all the time. One-off specific requests will probably get a response but we couldn't do it if it was frequent.

I wouldn't normally ask for a response but you have to understand that I thought perhaps the link was not safe and so it was of immediate concern to me - as I identified in my report, I believe. I appreciate you have a lot to deal with, and I think my request was polite.

Borek said:
I think I know which report/link you mean - we discussed it and it doesn't look like the site is harmful. I have personally checked some of the images displayed there - they are displayed at random and intended to be funny (with a variable level of success). None of the small sample I have seen contained anything controversial.

Thanks for the response Borek, this is reassuring. I think I probably just over-reacted; better safe than sorry, both for me and for other members of the forum.

Many thanks.

I think it's always a good to report such sites. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Related to Feedback on Report | Get Concerns Resolved

What is the purpose of providing feedback on a report?

The purpose of providing feedback on a report is to help identify areas of improvement and to ensure that the report is accurate, clear, and effective in conveying its message. It also allows for any concerns or questions to be addressed and resolved.

Who can provide feedback on a report?

Anyone who has read the report can provide feedback, including colleagues, supervisors, or clients. It is helpful to have a diverse group of individuals provide feedback to get different perspectives.

How should feedback on a report be given?

Feedback on a report should be given in a constructive and respectful manner. It is important to provide specific examples and suggestions for improvement rather than general criticisms. It is also helpful to focus on the content and structure of the report rather than personal opinions.

What should be included in feedback on a report?

Feedback on a report should include both positive and negative aspects. It should highlight areas that are well-written and effective, as well as areas that need improvement. It should also address any concerns or questions that the reader may have.

How can concerns about a report be resolved?

If there are concerns about a report, it is important to address them in a timely and professional manner. This can be done by discussing the concerns with the author of the report and coming up with a solution together. If necessary, the report can be revised or additional information can be provided to address the concerns.