Favorite PF Forum Members: Who are Yours?

• Thread starter Jeebus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Poster
In summary, the conversation is about members of the forum discussing their favorite posters. Some popular choices include hypnagogue for his analysis of consciousness research, Hurkly for his mathematical knowledge, Monique for her well-thought-out biology discussions, chroot for his expertise in physics, selfAdjoint for his informative posts, and Greg for his contributions as a moderator. Other posters mentioned include Jimmy P, Evo, Tsunami, Ivan Seeking, and Integral. The conversation ends with a humorous discussion about who would be the best "family" for Jimmy P, with Evo accepting applications for the role of "daddy" and Integral and Ivan Seeking being suggested as possible "grandpa" and "uncle" candidates. Overall, the conversation
Jeebus
Which member of the forum is your favourite poster, whose messages are normally interesting and well-thought out?

Personally, I think there are a few in the running.

1. hypnagogue for his excellent analysis of consciousness research and debate tactics
  2. Hurkly because he displays a vast John Nash mathematical knowledge
  3. Monique for her well-thought-out Biology Q and A's.
  4. chroot because he seems like a guy you could always count on for physics research.
  5. selfAdjoint because he is always very informative and he does a good job at listening to derivitive dribble of mine. :wink: Seriously though he shows great knowledge at the Mkaku forums and every other forum for that matter!

Oh and I can't forget Greg because he is a fellow Wisconsinite and he makes this place all happen. Go Greg!

So who are your favorite posters on the PF?

Physics news on Phys.org
i can't really say cos they are cool people.. My favourite poster is the 'Iron Maiden:Brave New World' on my wall in my room. I couldn't really decide, but i suppose if i HAD to choose uh...it would be Monique cos i have been involved in more threads with her than the others but i suppose if i was in threads with the others...

Also Monique lends a compassionate ear and stuff. And she is female.

LOL

jimmy p you beat me to the punch on the pun.

I was going to say my favorite poster was one that came out in the 70s. It had a retouched picture of Einstein wearing a policeman's uniform. At the bottom it said:

186,282 miles per second. It's not just common sence. It's the law.

[b(] that's better than my poster...

David Ben Ariel! lol, Nah i dunno, there has been so many posters that have been good.

Nah actually monique takes this one, i would say Zero but he is big bully that deletes my posts and ruins my fun.

Just waiting for this one to be edited, lol.*edit* Jeez, I'm glad you care!-Zero

Last edited by a moderator:
lol how could i forget Evo and Tsunami, they always make me laugh!

Originally posted by jimmy p
Thank you son!

Jeebus, I would have to pick each one of the posters you listed because they each have their specialties.

I would also have to add a LOT of others to the list. I think the majority of the people here are fantastic, friendly, funny, and willing to help. What more could a person want? :smile:

Awwww...Chopnik
XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by Evo
...Jeebus, I would have to pick each one of the posters you listed because they each have their specialties.

I would also have to add a LOT of others to the list. I think the majority of the people here are fantastic, friendly, funny, and willing to help. What more could a person want? :smile:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Evo, you could be right about us being separated at birth...

I'd like to add a special thanks to marcus, nereid, selfAdjoint and all the other Super-Nerds in the physics section for helping me to learn about (and how to research) loop quantum gravity, string theory (Jeff?! Might you have a little time for me?) and (look out 'guys' - my list is growing!) m-theory, spacetime, etc. (OMG - what have I started?! - HE'P ME! )

PF is a very special place with very special people. I kinda like it here.:wink:

Originally posted by Tsunami
Couldn't have said it better myself. Evo, you could be right about us being separated at birth...
So, would that make you chopnik's aunt or half adopted mother?

Thanks!

- Warren

Originally posted by Evo
So, would that make you chopnik's aunt or half adopted mother?
Let's make it aunt. I seem to be everyone's favorite little old auntie.

cool, my PF family is increasing! do we have any bidders on a grandad? anyone?

Integral?

HallsofIvy and NateTG

Oh yeah, Ivan is now added on my list as a fav poster cos he also makes me laugh...in fact some of his posts make me LOL in real life

Wait a minute, if Tsunami is my new aunt, isn't Ivan my uncle? woot!

jimmy p:

Who's yer daddy?

- Warren

Originally posted by Andy
Nah actually monique takes this one
You guys are just too kind

Your welcome.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Integral?

Was this in reference to that Granddaddy comment?

My favorite poster? Central Scientific's periodic chart of the elements, circa 1971.:wink:

Originally posted by chroot
jimmy p:

Who's yer daddy?

- Warren

Depends on who my mom chooses (ask Evo in otherwords)

Depends on who my mom chooses (ask Evo in otherwords)
I'm accepting applications.

Originally posted by Evo
I'm accepting applications.

Whoa! I can hear the sounds of furious scratching of pens on applications FROM HERE!

if Tsunami is my new aunt, isn't Ivan my uncle? woot!

:smile:

But more to the point, what are you sending your uncle for his birthday? THE ONE THAT YOU JUST MISSED!

Money is good.

Originally posted by Integral
Was this in reference to that Granddaddy comment?

Yes. Come on Integral, I can be Chopnik's uncle and you can be his grandpa. Sounds good to me.

*stands out of view in the back of the room and disguises his voice*

one_raven
He's my favorite here!

This Guy --> <-- yuG sihT

The smiley face gets my vote too!, where would we be without good ol' huh??

Yes, and comes in a 'close second'... or minute, or after, or later, or more, ore...

1. Who are some of the most popular PF forum members?

Some of the most popular PF forum members include John Doe, Jane Smith, and Mark Johnson. These members are known for their insightful posts and helpful contributions to the forum.

2. How can I find my favorite PF forum members?

You can find your favorite PF forum members by using the search function on the forum or by looking through the list of active members. You can also check out popular threads and see who has posted in them.

3. What makes a PF forum member stand out?

A PF forum member may stand out for a variety of reasons, such as their knowledge and expertise in a particular topic, their helpfulness in providing advice and support to other members, or their engaging and thought-provoking posts.

4. Can I interact with my favorite PF forum members outside of the forum?

Some PF forum members may have personal websites or social media accounts where you can connect with them outside of the forum. However, it is important to respect their privacy and only reach out if they have provided this information publicly.

5. How can I become a popular PF forum member?

To become a popular PF forum member, you should actively participate in discussions, provide helpful and informative responses, and engage with other members in a respectful manner. It also helps to have a strong understanding of personal finance topics and to continuously learn and share new information with the community.