Favorite and least favorite branch of chemistry?

In summary, the conversation discusses the enjoyment and dislike of various chemistry classes and labs. The speaker expresses their anticipation for taking Inorganic and biochemistry classes, but also mentions their dislike for biochemistry labs. They also mention their favorite areas of chemistry, including physical chemistry and chemical physics, and their preference for research in organic and inorganic chemistry with a focus on physical chemistry rather than synthesis.
Adsit_Deus
I was just curious to see what everybody enjoyed the most (or enjoyed the least) in terms of chemistry classes. I finally get to take Inorganic next year, which I feel like I am going to enjoy a lot along with biochemistry.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Organic, carbon chemistry has more or less endless possibilities, thus endlessly interesting.
The chemistry of everything else happens within fairly limited domains.

I enjoyed both the organic and inorganic chemistry labs, however, I hated the biochemistry labs, probably, because I never quite made friends with the Eppendorf pipet.

Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics are one of my favorites. I don't like biochemistry and synthetic chemistry (although part of it involves physical chemistry).

My area of research mainly involves both organic and inorganic chemistry with strong emphasis on physical chemistry (especially photochemistry). However, I really don't like synthesis. I wish someone could do that for me. I like spectroscopic measurements, quantum chemical calculations, and of course, thinking.

Related to Favorite and least favorite branch of chemistry?

1. What are the main branches of chemistry?

The main branches of chemistry are organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry, and biochemistry.

2. What is the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry?

Organic chemistry deals with the study of compounds containing carbon, while inorganic chemistry focuses on the study of non-carbon containing compounds.

3. Which branch of chemistry is most applicable to everyday life?

All branches of chemistry have applications in everyday life, but organic chemistry is particularly relevant as it involves the study of materials such as plastics, medicines, and food additives.

4. What are some examples of sub-branches within physical chemistry?

Sub-branches of physical chemistry include thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and chemical kinetics.

5. What is your favorite and least favorite branch of chemistry?

My favorite branch of chemistry is biochemistry because it involves the study of the chemical processes within living organisms. My least favorite branch is analytical chemistry because it requires a lot of precision and attention to detail, which can be tedious at times.