Faster-than-light communication

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of faster-than-light communication through experiments involving entangled photons. However, it is concluded that these experiments do not demonstrate faster-than-light communication and that entangled photons cannot be used to transmit information. The conversation also explores the idea of using quantum computers to create entangled observers, but it is ultimately determined that this would not be a viable method of communication.
Descartz2000 said:
Refuting the existence of free choice experiments is a way to explain the results without turning to FTL.

I don't consider the hypothesis of "no free choice" to be science (any more than the hypothesis of God is science). And I don't think it is possible to refute free choice by any experiment (just as it is not possible to refute the existence of God).

Physics news on Phys.org
DrChinese said:
I don't consider the hypothesis of "no free choice" to be science (any more than the hypothesis of God is science). And I don't think it is possible to refute free choice by any experiment (just as it is not possible to refute the existence of God).
That's probably true. Still, one can use logic (rather than an experiment) to show that "free choice" is not compatible with some theories. For example, both classical and quantum mechanics interpreted as UNIVERSAL theories (by an "universal" theory I mean a theory for which one assumes that EVERYTHING, including the human mind, is completely described by that theory) are not compatible with "free choice".