Faraday's law lab report problem with equations and graph(slope)

In summary, the problem is to rewrite equation three with the condition that z is not equal to zero and get a final equation that isolates (a) using the given slope value. The final equation is a = sqrt([E^-3/2]/[Z^2]).
timsnewbridge

Homework Statement

the problem is we drew up a graph o E^-3/2(y) against Z^2(x)
so the slope is [E^-3/2]/[Z^2]=m
we need to rewrite equation three given that z is not equal to zero
and then get a final equation like four.
we need to isolate (a) so we can determine a value for it using our slope value aswell
ie we need to get an eqaution a=( )
but i can't do this.

Homework Equations

(1)B=[u(N1)(i)(a^2)]/[2(a^2 + z^2)^(3/2)]

when z=0 B=[u(N1)(i)]/[2(a)]

B= magnetic field, N1= turns on large coil, N2=turns on pick-up coil
a=radius of large coil, z = dist from large coil, u= const=4(pi)(10^-7)
i= current through large coil= (Io)[sin(2(pi)(f)(t))] f=frequency, pi= 3.1415... t=250nano sec

(2)O=B(A2)(N2) O=the flux, A2=area of pickup coil, N2= number of turns on pick up coil

(3)E=[u(N1)(N2)(A2)(Io)(d/dt of sin(2(pi)(f)(t))]/[2a] when z=0
= [u(N1)(N2)(A2)(Io)(pi)(f)cos((2)(pi)(f)(t))]/[a] when z=0

The Attempt at a Solution

my attempted new version of the equation is as follows
E=[(a)^2(u)(N1)(N2)(A2)(Io)(Pi)(f)(cos((2)(pi)(f)(t)))]/[(a^2+z^2)^3/2]

but i can not isolate a, keeping in mind that [E^-3/2]/[Z^2]=m

please help, its more maths question :)

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the equation should be something like this:E=[(a)^2(u)(N1)(N2)(A2)(Io)(Pi)(f)(cos((2)(pi)(f)(t)))]/[(a^2+z^2)^3/2]Now, we can isolate a by taking the square root of both sides of the equation:a = sqrt([E^-3/2]/[Z^2])This gives us our final equation:a = sqrt([E^-3/2]/[Z^2])

Related to Faraday's law lab report problem with equations and graph(slope)

What is Faraday's Law?

Faraday's Law, also known as Faraday's Electromagnetic Induction Law, states that a changing magnetic field will induce an electric current in a closed circuit.

What is a lab report problem with equations and graph(slope)?

A lab report problem with equations and graph(slope) refers to an experiment or investigation that involves collecting data, analyzing it using equations, and graphing the results to determine the slope of the graph. This is a common method used in scientific research to analyze and interpret data.

What is the purpose of using equations and graph(slope) in a Faraday's law lab report?

The purpose of using equations and graph(slope) in a Faraday's law lab report is to quantitatively analyze the data collected during the experiment and to determine the relationship between the changing magnetic field and the induced electric current. The slope of the graph represents the magnitude of the induced current and can be used to make predictions and draw conclusions.

What are some common challenges when working with Faraday's law in a lab setting?

Some common challenges when working with Faraday's law in a lab setting include accurately measuring and controlling the changing magnetic field, ensuring a closed circuit for the induced current to flow through, and accounting for any external factors that may affect the results.

How can the results of a Faraday's law lab report be applied in real-world situations?

The results of a Faraday's law lab report can be applied in real-world situations such as designing and improving electrical generators and motors, understanding the principles behind electromagnetic induction in power plants, and developing new technologies that utilize the principles of Faraday's law.