Selling Eggs: Duck or Hen x2 for 1 Basket

In summary, duck eggs have a richer flavor and larger yolk-to-white ratio compared to hen eggs. They are also more nutritious, containing more protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins A and B12. However, hen eggs have higher levels of vitamin D and folate. Duck eggs can be substituted for hen eggs in recipes, but adjustments may need to be made due to their larger size and richer flavor. To determine if an egg is fresh, look for a thick and cloudy egg white, a well-defined yolk, and a clean and uncracked shell. Both duck and hen eggs should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature between 33-40°F, with duck eggs lasting up to 6 weeks and hen
himanshu121
A salesman has 6 baskets containing eggs. There are 5,6,12,14,23,29 eggs in 6 baskets respectively. They are either ducks or Hens eggs. The salesman says if I sell one out of the six baskets containing eggs, then I would have chiken eggs twice the no. of duck eggs which basket was Salesman thinking about

Mathematics news on Phys.org
The basket with 29.
89-29=60
60/3=20
14+6=20, so the 14 and 6 are duck eggs
the rest (except possibly 29) are hen

Based on the information provided, it is not clear which basket the salesman was specifically thinking about. However, we can determine that the basket must contain an even number of eggs in order for the statement to be true. This narrows down the possibilities to the baskets with 6, 12, and 14 eggs, as they are the only ones with an even number of eggs.

If we assume that the salesman is referring to the basket with 6 eggs, then he must be thinking about selling 3 duck eggs (half of 6) and 6 chicken eggs (twice the number of duck eggs).

If we assume he is referring to the basket with 12 eggs, then he must be thinking about selling 6 duck eggs and 12 chicken eggs.

If we assume he is referring to the basket with 14 eggs, then he must be thinking about selling 7 duck eggs and 14 chicken eggs.

Without more information, it is impossible to determine which specific basket the salesman was thinking about. However, we can conclude that the basket must contain an even number of eggs and the ratio of duck eggs to chicken eggs must be 1:2 for the statement to be true.

1. What is the difference between duck and hen eggs?

Duck eggs tend to have a richer and creamier flavor compared to hen eggs. They also have a larger yolk-to-white ratio and a thicker shell.

2. Are duck or hen eggs more nutritious?

Duck eggs contain more protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins A and B12 compared to hen eggs. However, hen eggs have higher levels of vitamin D and folate.

3. Can I substitute duck eggs for hen eggs in recipes?

Yes, you can substitute duck eggs for hen eggs in recipes. Keep in mind that duck eggs have a larger size and richer flavor, so you may need to adjust the amount used in the recipe.

4. How do I know if an egg is fresh?

Fresh eggs have a thick and cloudy egg white, a well-defined yolk, and a slightly pointed air cell on the blunt end. They should also have a clean and uncracked shell.

5. How should I store duck and hen eggs?

Eggs should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature between 33-40°F. Duck eggs can be stored for up to 6 weeks, while hen eggs can be stored for up to 5 weeks.