Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Extrapolating sofa dimensions

sofahelp

Sep 3, 2020
I'm trying to 3D model a specific sofa but I can't figure out the exact dimensions of each segment. I'm reasonably certain all four segments are the same size. Is there enough information here to work it out? It's the Bowie sofa from Wewood if you're curious. (Also not sure if this is the right board or not sorry if it isn't)

withoutdimension.jpg withdimension.jpgScreen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.31.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.36.52 PM.png

Attachments

Country Boy

MHB Math Helper
Jan 30, 2018
Exactly what are you trying to do? Are you trying to get the dimensions of the parts of the "double" sofa from those of the "single" sofa? If so the the one thing you know is that the width of the "double" sofa is 220 (inches?) while the corresponding measurement for the "single" sofa is 113. That is a ratio of 220/113= 1.95, almost twice. Of course, some measurements, height and back to front distance don't change.

sofahelp

Sep 3, 2020
Ah, sorry. I'm trying to work out the length, width, and height of each individual pillow, or segment, and the measurements are in centimeters. I included the double sofa because I figured the length of it might provide more information.