Extra sources of information(electromagnetism)

• Classical
  • Thread starter Rampart
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sources
In summary, the person is looking for additional sources of information to supplement their studies of electrodynamics. They are specifically interested in materials that cover non-electromagnetic waves and relativity. The person expresses gratitude for any recommendations.
Rampart
Hello there guys. As the title says, for quite some time now I've been looking for some extra sources of information. I am working with the book "introduction to electrodynamics" by David J Griffiths and even though it is good, I am thinking that it would be better to enrich my studies in this area. But the internet is vast and I cannot say that I have found so far what I am looking for.

I am looking about information( whether they are videos, or books or papers), that could help me get a deeper understanding of this field. And when I say deeper, I don't necessarily mean, more advanced problems or more difficult and such.

It would better for me at the moment, if you could provide me with any tested, good sources that aren't related to waves, because I believe I have to understand deeply all the theory behind waves and then proceed to them.

It is pretty generic what I am asking for, but I couldn't find better words. Anyway, thank you all in advance for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Rampart,

I'm guessing, but if you have plowed through 350 odd pages of Griffiths and now lose momentum, you might want to read up on non-electromagnetic waves and on relativity. So mechanics, and perhaps some math. We had Marcelo Alonso and Edward J Finn, but I haven't seen them mentioned in a long time. I also liked the Berkeley physics course series.

Related to Extra sources of information(electromagnetism)

What is electromagnetism?

Electromagnetism is a branch of physics that deals with the interactions between electrically charged particles and their electromagnetic fields. It explains how electricity and magnetism are related and how electromagnetic waves are formed and propagate.

What are the sources of information about electromagnetism?

There are various sources of information about electromagnetism, including textbooks, scientific journals, online articles, and lectures. Additionally, experiments and simulations can also provide valuable information about electromagnetism.

How is electromagnetism used in everyday life?

Electromagnetism has numerous practical applications in everyday life. Some examples include powering electronic devices, such as phones and computers, generating electricity in power plants, and powering motors and generators in various machines.

What are the different types of electromagnetic waves?

There are seven main types of electromagnetic waves, in order of increasing frequency and energy: radio waves, microwaves, infrared radiation, visible light, ultraviolet radiation, X-rays, and gamma rays. Each type has a different wavelength and is used for different purposes.

How is electromagnetism related to other fields of science?

Electromagnetism is closely related to other branches of physics, such as optics, mechanics, and thermodynamics. It also has applications in other fields, such as engineering, chemistry, and biology. Understanding electromagnetism is essential for understanding the natural world and developing new technologies.